Lt. Commander
# 1 Doff Trek
03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
i mean star doff, er, doff doff, bah...

doff off...

nice console game, if cryptic ever decides to make a computer game mmo i'd check it out...
dunno bout pwe, jury's still out...

the items/economy needs tweeking, endgame needs tweaking, pvp needs tweaking...

but hey, all doffs all the time...
if i wanna play a browser game, ive got lots of options already, im lookin for a good computer space game, eve's nice, but the motion controls in it arent for me...

star treks nice, but the items/loot isnt for me...

le sigh

if i wasnt a first world energy consuming publicly educated hog already, i might feel a lil put out...
as is, i shall continue to look for "my" game...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 05:56 PM
cool story bro
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
cool story bro
This^

The doff system is fantastic, it just needs a couple tweaks. Props +1 to Heretic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
This^

The doff system is fantastic, it just needs a couple tweaks. Props +1 to Heretic.
dont get me wrong, it is awesome in its own way. but what about other areas of the game that need improvment before adding in completely new game changing things?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
dont get me wrong, it is awesome in its own way. but what about other areas of the game that need improvment before adding in completely new game changing things?
I am going to defend cryptic... hell is a little chilly tonight.

If ANY developer was too wait until every little bug was squashed before working on new features we would still be using MS DOS 6.0... or perhaps Commondores...

Load "STO",8,1

Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

If ANY developer was too wait until every little bug was squashed before working on new features we would still be using MS DOS 6.0... or perhaps Commondores...

Load "STO",8,1

Wouldn't even be using these yet, most likely. DOS 5.0 had bugs that were still around in the vestigial nub of DOS included in Windows XP and were only killed by taking away the prompt's ability to act as a shell. And Commodores... well, that's the poster child of "feature, not a bug." Emulators have to emulate certain bugs to get some programs working.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

Load "STO",8,1

I don't mean bugs. I mean content that already needs to be implemented in the game to fill it out. Ie-Klingons, pvp, nebula exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
I don't mean bugs. I mean content that already needs to be implemented in the game to fill it out. Ie-Klingons, pvp, nebula exploration missions.
If you're busy DOFFing, there's nothing to miss in that regard. The DOFFs have often cooler missions than you do anyway.