Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback on Voiceover-use
03-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Just because you have a voice over doesn't mean you have to use it time and time again. I've been replaying many of the story missions and noticed that when there is a conversation with several options, often the npc speaks the same line each time the selection menu pops up.

Recent example: During the conversation in the conference room, Captain Kurland says "Do you have anything to add" every time you start a conversation. That's like 5 times. Also, during the space walk mission, I almost wanted to mute it so I didn't have to listen to "Kurland here" or "This is Kurland" at every turn. Also, the Klingon prisoner in the brig from The Doomsday Weapon gets annoying with "Another question?" but you can skip right to the end with him.

Please lay off the repetitiveness. It's nice that you've included voices and cut scenes (even though the engine isn't cut out for it) but everything in moderation, please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post

Please lay off the repetitiveness. It's nice that you've included voices and cut scenes (even though the engine isn't cut out for it) but everything in moderation, please.

THIS!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3 More voice overs!!
04-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't have such a great problem with it. The only thing I hate is that they don't have voice over everywhere. I have a hard time taking the story seriously if I can only read some cheap text. Imagine text only in any other game outside the wwo/sto/... genre?! Impossible! Every mission should be as alive as the "Doomsday device".
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I generally like the way it works now, though the repetitiveness can be a bit annoying at times.

If they do more remastered episodes, I hope they do voiceovers the same way they did to The Doomsday Device.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Why can't they just use people from the fanbase to get voice overs for free?
Do voice over actors have some kind of a Union?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Actors and artists sure do have unions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes they do. But, there's no impetus forcing a company to use them. They certainly can put out a general call for voice actors, and I'd be more than willing to do it for a few hundred Cpoints. And then they'd get a happy, loyal actor working for them with nine years experience.

But it might also be a space/bandwith issue. Sound is expensive for space. NOt as much as it was, bit still big.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda
Why can't they just use people from the fanbase to get voice overs for free?
Do voice over actors have some kind of a Union?
Is it legal to use the playerbase for voiceovers? I always thought it wasn't, but it would be nice if it was.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2012, 02:27 PM
The repetitiveness didn't bothered me. What bothered me were the cutscenes when my character had to respond and there was no voiceover! Just seemed so weird!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minababe
The repetitiveness didn't bothered me. What bothered me were the cutscenes when my character had to respond and there was no voiceover! Just seemed so weird!
Would be your voice!