Lt. Commander
# 21
03-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
By the way, just for your information, the signature size limit is 500x150 pixels, so if a mod sees your sig it's going to be edited out and you'll get an infraction. You'll need to shrink that symbol down a bit to be in compliance. If you cut out some of the white border you won't have to quite halve the size.
Thanks, I'll get right on it
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.harris
Anyone wanna take over these missions. I've been playing around with the foundry editor and just feel as though I'm not really getting into the editor as much as I did starting off.

The idea is great and would love to play the missions but I'm sure a more seasoned author would be able to do these missions a lot better than I could.
I'll probably make a mission that's something along these lines eventually, but I'm afraid I can't commit to doing anymore than that since I'm already involved in my own series.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-26-2012, 06:16 AM
I haven't played them yet, but a Section 31 should present you with a lose/lose situation, not straight combat.

The whole point of S31 is the assumption, that there are situations that require amoral actions no regular Starfleet Captain would take.

Ranging from torture to extract some vital information, to assassinations, to killign a bunch of children who threaten to infect an entire world with a terrible biological weapon (probably designed by S31 in the first place).

Often they pride themselves with doing the clean-up work for Starfleet that no one else admits is necessary.

And the real meaty story potential is the ongoing corruption. Once you compromise your ideals it is getting easier and easier to do the next necessary evil up to the point where the operative becomes the villain himself and either falls permanently or has to face his own demon to get redemption...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
I haven't played them yet, but a Section 31 should present you with a lose/lose situation, not straight combat.

The whole point of S31 is the assumption, that there are situations that require amoral actions no regular Starfleet Captain would take.

Ranging from torture to extract some vital information, to assassinations, to killign a bunch of children who threaten to infect an entire world with a terrible biological weapon (probably designed by S31 in the first place).

Often they pride themselves with doing the clean-up work for Starfleet that no one else admits is necessary.

And the real meaty story potential is the ongoing corruption. Once you compromise your ideals it is getting easier and easier to do the next necessary evil up to the point where the operative becomes the villain himself and either falls permanently or has to face his own demon to get redemption...
Hmm.. .. I should expand on that in my mission B'Vat's Legacy. The player has to do several things that could be considered to be immoral/unethical. Weaponizing Anti-Chronitons is one example. I think I'll toss in a twist towards the end (IE the part that I haven't finished yet) where you have to more or less assassinate J'Gor and his aides to prevent anyone from trying that sort of time trivel stunt in the future. (and unwittingly give Hortock a copy of the plans for the temporal shield device J'Gor used.)