Lt. Commander
# 1371
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Last I heard's released in other parts of the world, it will increase even more. it was still steady at 1.7 mil and when 1.2 comes in, then it will grow even more.

That said, it will still always be bigger than STO with more people willing to pay 10 per month then they were for STO.

At least TOR has 2 "FULL" factions, and 8/16 Classes compared to what STO has!

Star Wars is a bigger world wide IP then Trek and the game not only has more money pumped into, it's developers also have a better reputation (DA2 not withstanding), so I'm sure the TOR fanbase will still stick with it for some years.

STO is still on life support and I can feel another big content drought coming on.

And for the record, before the same old same old come on and talk about we are getting content, ships don't count as content in my book, C-Store stuff doesn't count as content. I'm not fooled by "everything is counted as content" speech that the devs and some of the same old same old say.

i miss coming on the sto forums they are a unique experience
Lt. Commander
# 1372
03-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
i miss coming on the sto forums they are a unique experience
-grabs mack-
I gotcha now, mister!! You're staying! :p
Lt. Commander
# 1373
03-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Yeah, which sucks. But I like the game. And will return to it once I get ahead on these vet bills. Basically my neighbor's dog jumped over the hedge and attacked my dog on my front step 6 weeks ago. I got bit separating them. And my dog got his leg broken, a 4 day emergency vet unit stay, and 6 to 8 weeks in a cast. With sky high vet bills. It's been a nightmare. All because my neighbor is the stereotypical horrible pit bull owner (his dog wasn't even leashed, what the hell?) ... anyways ... gaming will be taking a backseat for a few months. (Except for the occasional jaunt into a free to play game, like this or LOTRO or the new **** thing coming in April or even Everquest).

Hopefully Aric Jorgan will remember me and email me from time to time!
You should take him to court by what you said. His dog on your property attacks your dog. Open and shut case.
Lt. Commander
# 1374
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
You should take him to court by what you said. His dog on your property attacks your dog. Open and shut case.
not to say it bit him the dog should be put down also
Lt. Commander
# 1375
03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, if a dog bit me in my own yard, he wouldn't make it back out.
Lt. Commander
# 1376
03-26-2012, 11:02 AM
We called the cops they had us call animal control, and animal control told us this was the third report against that owner and his dog. But apparently he's got his dog back from them. I guess he paid a fine?

This is the third time he's gone after one of my dogs on my property since the guy moved in. This is the first time we actually filed anything. But this dog's pretty much a menace and it's because of the owner. Like every bad owner story you could think of SHORT of Michael Vick, this guy fits the stereotype. Every single time it's come on our property, it's been off a leash.

I'm not usually one to seek a lawyer, but this time I'm really really considering it.

Sorry to veer horribly off topic! To bring it back on topic, this is one case where STO being free to play works out well for me. Heh. But I will miss TOR. It's been an engaging game thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 1377
03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
We called the cops they had us call animal control, and animal control told us this was the third report against that owner and his dog. But apparently he's got his dog back from them. I guess he paid a fine?

This is the third time he's gone after one of my dogs on my property since the guy moved in. This is the first time we actually filed anything. But this dog's pretty much a menace and it's because of the owner. Like every bad owner story you could think of SHORT of Michael Vick, this guy fits the stereotype. Every single time it's come on our property, it's been off a leash.

I'm not usually one to seek a lawyer, but this time I'm really really considering it.

Sorry to veer horribly off topic! To bring it back on topic, this is one case where STO being free to play works out well for me. Heh. But I will miss TOR. It's been an engaging game thus far.
in that case you do have a right to shoot it then

and before some one says i dont like animals i do have a dog my self a silky terrier
Lt. Commander
# 1378
03-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Been on my alt server w/ alt character, and I have to say...wow the imps on that server are bad...I hit level 10 on that alt, went right into pvp...been getting 5+ medals each game an a nice amount of kills....ad to watch a level 10 jedi guardian kill a level 47 sith warrior..
Lt. Commander
# 1379
03-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
TNG "The Outcast"

RIKER
Mister Data, reconfigure for a
high-resolution sweep with a
radius of one million kilometers.
Look for possible debris.

Data works controls once more.

DATA
Scan shows no debris within
that radius.

KRITE
I don't understand it. A
shuttle doesn't simply vanish.

Now Data should have told Krite: Well, our weak scanners can actually only work within six kilometers so Riker was just trolling you. We'll have to scan out here all year to cover it with our six kilometer limit.
You've kinda made my point for me. THERE IS NO CANON AS FAR AS RANGE AND DISTANCE ARE CONCERNED. Didn't I mention that? The game designers HAD to make some stuff up.

They made an aesthetic choice. Perfect? No. Maybe not. But at least they TRIED.

Fine. So if you want to interact with a space object you have to be right on top of it. Who's to say Geordi or data was doing an "interact with object" and not offering a "popup dialog" on a "reach marker"?

Look, I love the idea of two ships blasting away at each other from so far away they barely see one another as anything more than pinpoints of light. I'm a huge classic Traveller fan. But compare the distances above to the shots in Wrath of Khan where the two ships were practically smashing into each other. The devs had to make some choices and they chose, not surprisingly, to go with the more graphically exciting approach of having the ships at relatively close quarters. I don't see how that makes it somehow a betrayal to the spirit of the franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 1380
03-27-2012, 12:18 AM
It would be nice if STO took the Crew Skills idea off SWTOR for their crafting system. I'd be able to yell at Chief O'Brien to craft me some coffee any time. And whinge about the state of the replicators.