Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
What's the point of being a stripper
Usually the tip money while working one's way through college.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-25-2012, 11:00 PM
none of the hybrid weapons are that great, anything with acc2 or acc3 is much better. the polarized tetryon beams are the best unique weapon by far, with their 10% proc chance and their proc buffed by flow capacitors. those with the glider leave people shieldless extreamly quick, and after your done 'striping' them you can melt their hull with an energy type not commonly guarded against.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Usually the tip money while working one's way through college.
lmfao.

@dontdrunkimshoot, In PvP sure, but I've used such a build in PvE a few months past and it pales in comparison with what I can do with a hybrid. Shields drop quickly regardless using the hybrids to the point that it is a bit of a waste to use a stripper build. There is also the higher dmg output of the hybrid over the stripper weapons.

I can see that this conversation is just going to go in circles. If I find time this week, I will run parses of a hardcore stripper build with skills and consoles to match against my hybrid build. It seems that nobody here wants to take me at my word, even though I have multiple posts around this forum showing just how much more dmg can be done over other weapon builds...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Besides the Procs, what are the buffs on the Hybrid weapons?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
lmfao.

@dontdrunkimshoot, In PvP sure, but I've used such a build in PvE a few months past and it pales in comparison with what I can do with a hybrid. Shields drop quickly regardless using the hybrids to the point that it is a bit of a waste to use a stripper build. There is also the higher dmg output of the hybrid over the stripper weapons.

I can see that this conversation is just going to go in circles. If I find time this week, I will run parses of a hardcore stripper build with skills and consoles to match against my hybrid build. It seems that nobody here wants to take me at my word, even though I have multiple posts around this forum showing just how much more dmg can be done over other weapon builds...
you proboly got such good results on your test because the plasma disruptors were dealing such broken damage at the time, something that has sense been fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Out of curiousity, what Energy weapon console effects these weapons? Phaser or Polaron?


You would want to run polaron console for that weapon set. It works just like the plasma/disrupror hibrid beam aray. You buff the primary weapon type, the sencondary is a back ground rider that some time adds the proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
you proboly got such good results on your test because the plasma disruptors were dealing such broken damage at the time, something that has sense been fixed.
no no. I use them prior and after the fix. I opt for them over my XII APs on most PvE. The dmg I refer to is in regards to after the fix. What sense would it make for me to be talking about how a weapon worked over a month ago? None..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.