Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
I've noticed this on a few ships and interiors. Its really annoying seeing these horrible black triangles no my ship. I hope its fixed before we get the Galaxy pack.

Oh while I'm on the subject of the Galaxy class, will we be able to equip the type 6 material on the Galaxy retrofit ship with the new Galaxy ship pack next month. I've been wanting this type 6 material on my Galaxy ever since it was released with the Odyssey class and the +1 variants.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Are you talking about escape pods?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
Are you talking about escape pods?
lol. No im not. On most of my ships and interiors I have silly "plain black" triangles as if part of the texture is missing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWallis View Post
lol. No im not. On most of my ships and interiors I have silly "plain black" triangles as if part of the texture is missing.
I've been seeing this a lot in game lately. I've also updated my video card driver a couple times. That might be the cause too.

It's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I think this is similar issue to one raised over the weekend - check out the info from Tumorboy in this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=261497 and if you can post pics and location detail on the ship/interior it might help them fix it sooner. might not, but hey every little helps also note the suggestion to try dx9 rather than dx11
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I had the same issue happen to me, but I kinda knew I had caused it...

I updated my video drivers while STO was running in the background.

changed my display to DX9 and back to DX11, and that fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Yup, black triangles are not just in the environment. They also happen on ships.

Still working on a way to handle it in one swell foop.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWallis View Post
I've noticed this on a few ships and interiors. Its really annoying seeing these horrible black triangles no my ship. I hope its fixed before we get the Galaxy pack.
It's happening on my sci VA's Intrepid refit. It also happened on the same area (different shape) on a lowbie alt's Constitution class.

It definitely isn't just one ship type being affected. My guess, which is supported by Tumerboy's comment and reading other threads (like planets), is that some things work fine with DX9 but not DX11 due to optimizations/changes between revisions. Newer version may behave differently on textures than older one did, thus necessitating a fix that makes it palatable for both.