Lt. Commander
# 11
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Zero im not impressed, why do people who only use 1 shield console get punished ? i think rather than nerfing them (because clearly the team dont know how they broke them to begin with) you should put them back to eng consoles or have the team make an effort to fix them. Nerfing them seems lazy of the team and unfair dont you think ?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Console space is at a premium and using more than one is stupid even before this change.... dont punish the rest of to make them stackable for people who want to make stupid builds.

Put them back to they way they were and make them not stackable.

I forsee/hope for massive outrage.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2012, 07:18 PM
General Torp and Mine units need too be redueced too ONE unit.

They are pointless. They should be replaced with ONE unit that boosts Kinetic Dmg as they do now. Really if you mix torpedo units too boost multiple torp types you are handicaping yourself. The only saving grace has been that the same unit would boost kinetic sci skills.

This change is the nail in the sci ship coffin. Really there is no good reason too have a sci ship anymore. There control abilities are terrible... shield stripping is resisted. (and I believe your intentions are too increase those resistance skills). Building Sci Torp boats was the only really semi useful role for the sci ship... now mines will not benefit. (they where semi useful dmg wise with a couple +kinetic units).

This is not a change in the right direction. I understand they where not working properly that was obvious when they both performed the same way. However I really suggest you consider removing one from game (No one is going to miss the mine unit NO one uses them) Leave the warhead as it is now delete the Geo Thingy and everything is just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Wait, how much of a nerf for the field generator? I only ever used one because, hey, it didn't stack, and I needed the slots for other stuff too... Would you consider making it diminishing returns instead so those of us that only ever use one aren't punished?

Meaning, the first one still gives +35 percent, and after that, it's subject to diminishing returns?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
im looking forward to equipping the stupid things for good after this
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Uhm, Madam Zero, is it necessary for a change of that nature, for those who only use 1 console?

Like me...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Console space is at a premium and using more than one is stupid even before this change.... dont punish the rest of to make them stackable for people who want to make stupid builds.

Put them back to they way they were and make them not stackable.

I forsee/hope for massive outrage.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Field Generator Console mods can now be stacked.
As such their effectiveness has been reduced.
What are the new Stats for a single console

Booooo!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Spotting in the Exchange yesterday, at +40%, several Million ECs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
Wait, how much of a nerf for the field generator? I only ever used one because, hey, it didn't stack, and I needed the slots for other stuff too... Would you consider making it diminishing returns instead so those of us that only ever use one aren't punished?

Meaning, the first one still gives +35 percent, and after that, it's subject to diminishing returns?
Lt. Commander
# 19 Finally...
03-26-2012, 07:34 PM
That's a welcoming change. The shield 35% was never meant to be so much in the beginning, right? Then stacking it it's purely insane! I'm fine with doing all those funky things for pve, but for pvp it's just promoting imbalance.

But I have to say that this:

Quote:
Field Generator Console mods can now be stacked.
As such their effectiveness has been reduced.
Keeps the secrecy in place. Why would we care to know what "reduced" means. Please don't tell us, we'd like to figure it on our own.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Great changes, Thanks Cryptic :p