Lt. Commander
# 571
03-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
SA is a debuff that was added to boost a Science vessels damage output so soloing wouldn't be so tedious with only 6 weapon slots. On a Cruiser that has 2 more weapon slots this is really quite unbalanced.
Exactly right. SA should not be on a cruiser for that reason.
Lt. Commander
# 572
03-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusNCC1701
For $50 don't you think these should have been included at release?
No . . . I do not . . . the requests I have made are features not intended to be included in the original model. I love my Ody as is, and I think it was well worth the investment. And within this next week I'll have the KDF pack as well. Although I believe the KDF vessel is one of the ugliest on the KDF side of ships, but . . . I am buying it mostly for the bridge for RP purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 573
03-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacharge View Post
I didn't dismiss it, and there is no need for you to troll, doing so is pointless and will just get you banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacharge View Post
Some random typed up numbers aren't proof, what's next, a wikipedia link?
Seriously?
Lt. Commander
# 574
03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Got a question for those who know and are testing it ... Sci version lacks the extra tac console ... When you put in the sensor analysis, does it make up and / or surpass that lost tac console.

If so, it might well be overpowered. Haven't tested that one yet so don't know.

Added ....

This is what I'm curious to see is true as it seems like that would be one of the balance points ... but don't have the experience in a sci ship to say or compare.

Same goes for not PvPing enough (just casually) to know how it falls on that front either.
I don't think that my sci-oddy has sensor analysis.
Lt. Commander
# 575
03-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Here is the log file from the tests: http://denkbassin.de/extern/sto/2012-03-13-SA_Tests.log

Make sure to discard critical hits and use the base damage to get my numbers.

And the reason why I did not include this log file in the initial post is simple: My numbers were not surprising at all. They merely confirmed the numbers one would expect by looking at the formulas and console/SA stats.
Lt. Commander
# 576 Odyssey
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
You release the Odyssey bundle and mislabel the ships as being Tactical and Science! There is no Science or Tactical all BO Commander Stations are Engineer! And the so called Science ship doesn't have Sub System Targeting! They are not Science or Tactical ships they are all Engineer ship just slightly different variations and you shouldn't label them as such!
Lt. Commander
# 577
03-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesklinite
...I don't enjoy being ripped off or tricked into buying a bundle...
"ripped off" : well that's debatable depending on who you ask as there are many opinions regarding the ships, but of course it's A possible opinion so no problem there...

"tricked into": Well all the info for these ships are clearly listed in the description as well as the price not to mention all the multiple threads regarding the ships throughout the forum. And wait....who at Cryptic put A gun to your head and told you that you HAD to buy all 3??? ... So this whole "tricked" thing you say....Yeahhhh good luck with that one...

BTW I sure hope you don't regularly buy things for large amounts of money only based on one word or sentence (In this case "Science") and not read anything below the Header. Thinking you only see what you want to see me thinks? That's like buying something simply cause it says for ex: "Good for white people" or "Perfect for people named John Smith" without reading any actual details... I sure hope you actually read and hopefully keep yourself from blindly throwing money at something else in the future.

Take this as you will, but maybe by doing so you will be disappointed less often and heck maybe even keep more money in your pocket.

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 578
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey y'all, since this ship is now live, and not a Tribble-only ship, I'm closing up this thread. Please feel free to start a feedback thread in the Holodeck area of the forums.
Closed Thread