Lt. Commander
I have a Electrocermic one atm but noticed when going to sell a Neutronium one that the price is quite high on those on the exchange which makes me wonder if its a good resist to have or not.

Atm the Electro is giving me +35 to plasma and tetryon resist but the Neut is +18 kinetic and all energy resist.

Which is best or is there another one that might be considered the best for my guramba for stfs?

Edit - I still have a Tetraburnium one which gives +24 to plasma, tetryon, antiproton and poloron.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 04:17 AM
In STFs, electroceramic, because it protects you from the only kind of energy damage you'll recieve: plasma. The kinetic resist of neutronium's a waste in STF... if you get hit by a borg torpedo o'doom, you're pretty much looking at respawning anyhow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
In STFs, electroceramic, because it protects you from the only kind of energy damage you'll recieve: plasma. The kinetic resist of neutronium's a waste in STF... if you get hit by a borg torpedo o'doom, you're pretty much looking at respawning anyhow.
This is not entirely correct. Currently the fastest way to kill a cube (not tac cube) is to allow the heavy plasma torp to hit you while ur at point blank range. This means that neutronium's kinetic resist does help. In addition, the gate's cutting beam I believe is anti-proton dmg. It's rare to get hit by one of those, but it happens now and then.

Oh also spheres have torps too, which you kinetic resist helps with too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I normally run 1 kinetic resist and all other consoles plasma resist.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell
This is not entirely correct. Currently the fastest way to kill a cube (not tac cube) is to allow the heavy plasma torp to hit you while ur at point blank range. This means that neutronium's kinetic resist does help. In addition, the gate's cutting beam I believe is anti-proton dmg. It's rare to get hit by one of those, but it happens now and then.

I do that myself but it seems to be increasingly harder to do recently. Still works though, just not as consistantly. Best way to take out a cube in a few seconds though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2012, 12:38 AM
also effective on tac cubes, deals about 18-20% self dmg when tac cube eats its own heavy torp.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyell

Uh... yeah, although to be honest I expect the respawn time would mitigate any advantage of kamikaze hugging a cube. They tend to pop quick with conventional DPS when it's on tap anyhow, and with a Garumba, it's deffinitely on tap. I suppose the non-cube kinetic damage would still make neutronium a safe bet though. I use neutronium anyhow since I'm not a fan of hot-swapping armour, it's rare you'll face such an energy specific threat.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Uh... yeah, although to be honest I expect the respawn time would mitigate any advantage of kamikaze hugging a cube. They tend to pop quick with conventional DPS when it's on tap anyhow, and with a Garumba, it's deffinitely on tap. I suppose the non-cube kinetic damage would still make neutronium a safe bet though. I use neutronium anyhow since I'm not a fan of hot-swapping armour, it's rare you'll face such an energy specific threat.
There is no respawn time because I survive the hits. Well most of the time, I think my success rate is about 90%, there's always time when something goes wrong, but usually I'm still alive when the cube dies.