Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I really like to play STF. You never how it will finish
So I noticed some people can hit target from far away more than 10km. the cruiser and the target are 5more than 10 kilometres away from each other. I read that 10 km is the max range of weapon. But... For example. Yesterday. I saw someone who hit cube from 12km. I know because I went near him to check the distance/range.
What do they use? Is it a console? Is it a kind of weapon? Is it an tactical officer ability? I'm looking for any information about.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
I really like to play STF. You never how it will finish
So I noticed some people can hit target from far away more than 10km. the cruiser and the target are 5more than 10 kilometres away from each other. I read that 10 km is the max range of weapon. But... For example. Yesterday. I saw someone who hit cube from 12km. I know because I went near him to check the distance/range.
What do they use? Is it a console? Is it a kind of weapon? Is it an tactical officer ability? I'm looking for any information about.
The shot was fired while within the 10k. Once resolved by the system it will hit, even if the distance exceeds 10km when then shot is displayed. Many new users don't realize this can occur and call hax when it happens. Evasive maneuvers used for an escape is notorious for this occurring.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2012, 12:55 AM
It seems that to be a new is something bad from your eyes. So then I'm sorry to be a new. I'm only a one hundred days for playing. So I guess I made mistake thinking new players were welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
It seems that to be a new is something bad from your eyes. So then I'm sorry to be a new. I'm only a one hundred days for playing. So I guess I made mistake thinking new players were welcome.
he answered your question...quite eloquently to be honest. I don't see anything in the response to justify your reply.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2012, 01:53 AM
On the KDF side there is a nice torpedo called Bio-Neural Torpedo which comes with the Qorgh Refit. It can be fired without a target, and before the pilot is within range. It not only seeks targets, but has some defenses of it's own. If it's target is destroyed before it impacts, it can acquire a new target.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
So far out of line, their was no reason to answer his CORRECT statment with this from you. It is also my experiance that people who are trolls on forums dont usually receive help, you might want to consider that before you reply next time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
So far out of line, their was no reason to answer his CORRECT statment with this from you. It is also my experiance that people who are trolls on forums dont usually receive help, you might want to consider that before you reply next time.
You should know sensibilities is not the same for everyone. So I feel his answer is not friendly because to mention that newbies ask about this. That's not nice.
Think about it, please. Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
somebody got butt hurt....
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
You should know sensibilities is not the same for everyone. So I feel his answer is not friendly because to mention that newbies ask about this. That's not nice.
Think about it, please. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure you are referring to this line (text color changed for emphasis):
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
The shot was fired while within the 10k. Once resolved by the system it will hit, even if the distance exceeds 10km when then shot is displayed. Many new users don't realize this can occur and call hax when it happens. Evasive maneuvers used for an escape is notorious for this occurring.
Do you see where tranceaddict specifically referred to you?

If you think it was a passive aggressive comment, can you point out where you said the players were hacking?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I have seen this happen to me personally. Ill be just inside the 10 mark and turning out and away starting at say.....8.9km

While I am heading away from my target, my beams still fire and if they are in the middle of the firing sequence just as I pass 10km the ship will still finish its sequence but after that, no shots are fired.

As for everything else, I think that you might be misunderstanding the members post. Heck, I've been playing this game since it came out and I am still a newbie/noob to a lot of aspects of the game. Try not to take it too personally. After all it is just a game.