Lt. Commander
Hi there,

I have just reached lvl 50 last night, and was expecting to see an officer outside the Admiral's office, offering me a mission to test the "new" Odyssey class like I was told.

But I wasn't offered that mission anywhere...

Is it because the 3 new advanced Odyssey versions are now available?

I was SO MUCH looking forward to try the Odyssey out...

Are Free To Play users denied access to a free standard Odyssey?

Thanks everybody!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I believe that that Odyssey that you are looking for was only available for a few days during the 2nd anniversary. I don't think you can get it anymore. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I believe that that Odyssey that you are looking for was only available for a few days during the 2nd anniversary. I don't think you can get it anymore. Sorry.
this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 01:21 PM
It was only available during the 2nd Anniversary event. HOWEVER, it has been hinted that it may be available at other times as well. Probably when each new season is released or at each anniversary event. Also, some interesting details.

I use a tier 4 Assault Cruiser. yet my VA buddies used Odysseys. I was the only one of us not to explode during my first STF. The Odyssey is not as good as everyone believes. It's Boff stations are not up to par in terms of layout, it has a slow turn rate, and is more for show than combat. It's basically to say "I played during the event, and am a VA" Stick with your standard Tier 5 VA ships. Only try to obtain an Odyssey AFTER you have bought ship slots and feel like wasting one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow... Thats mean...

Removing the ship but not the mission... They've just reached a new level of cruelty...

"You can have this new ship,.... OHHH sorry... it's gone... go to the C-Store instead."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anazonda
This was obviously a joke. If you did'n get the joke, try again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I play with a standard Odyssey. I like it, personally - once you get used to the low turn rate, it's great.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all the info!

I was just trilled to get a new ship, a huge one that looks real nice.

I guess I'll keep using my Sovereign class, which to my taste is already awesome and faster than the Odyssey.

I also will wait for the hinted Galaxy class bundle supposedly coming to the C-Store in april.

See you out there!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Like any ship the Odyssey has its ups and downs, the turn rate does suck but a few RCS consoles fix that plus if you have the Operations version dropping the saucer really improves turn rate. It's all abt preference really, sorry you missed the free one though! The c-store ones are better IMO and you get a new bridge not some dumb redress they did for the 1st Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Other than being free, it's not that great.