Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
That's very true too. The earth moves over time, and this formation could have shaped out to look like a foot. One problem I have with this one print, where are the others?

Oh BTw here another cool item.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_Nq0OowaE
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
This is a cool pick, but going in the other direction, but the suit on the left is still pretty tall.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2008...pb170069_1.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
That's very true too. The earth moves over time, and this formation could have shaped out to look like a foot. One problem I have with this one print, where are the others?

Oh BTw here another cool item.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_Nq0OowaE
"Unfortunately, this finger is not housed in a museum in Egypt. The researcher that took the pictures reportedly had to pay “an old man from a grave robber dynasty” 300 dollars to see it and take pictures of it."

http://www.weirdworldnews.org/2012/0...found-in-egypt

He paid "an old man" $300 just to see it?... Sounds like BS.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2012, 11:54 PM
That is truely a fantastic example of natural randomness right there...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Yes we all know about the fakes out there, and when we come across things like this, people say it's just another fake. Well maybe it it or maybe it isn't. Fact is it needs to be examined and tested, then you can label it as fake or not. But from what I can see it looks like a huge foot print, and it's set in granite. Acording to these two fellows. But since I am not there I can't say that is is or isn't.
Fact is, it has been. That's why this is a "revisit" and not a "discovery." When Tellinger first "found" it it was looked at by a handful of experts with the budget and time on their hands to humor a crackpot known for resorting to personal attacks when accused of lying, and while none of them went so far to say he made the same way he was caught red handed making human and dinosaur footprints in the same shale formation, they did find that it had all the same traits as the previous fakes.

Like I said: Tool marks, first off, should seal it. Especially in a region once populated by peoples known for stone carving. But if not, it makes the classic fake footprint mistakes of making it appear that weight is evenly spread across every part of the foot. This is something not seen in any non-hoofed animal - you rarely get a fully formed footprint, but even when you do, you don't get a clean image of the foot because the points of greater pressure sink in farther - feet are designed to deform to carry weight, not to plop down flat. The footprint also has no rim, despite being over six inches deep. The material forced out of a footprint goes somewhere. But in this one, the material forced out simply disappeared.

Then of course there's the minor problem that it would have been created in molten lava that was encased inside of solid rock.

Tellinger claims he's been dismissed by legitimate science. He's right, but what he leaves out is that scientists don't dismiss anything out of hand. They dismiss things with a lot of very pedantic and very wordy rebuttal. Alan Wakefield is another classic "martyr of science," but his "out of hand dismissal" came in the form of so many rebuttals that the medical journal he'd published in had to print the following volume in three sections.

Only when he brought fellow forger Klaus Dona, suspected perpetrator of the photoshopped giant skeletons of Ecuador, did somebody even consider it was real, and even Dona wasn't convinced enough but told him to consult a geologist... which he's already done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2012, 06:12 AM
And that^ is why I prefer to be a slightly cynical realist. :p