Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't see the need for having both "Personal" and "Department Head" assignements, the more since the 20h cooldown DH assignements are mostly 30 min to several hours. The 20 h cooldown should be reflected in the time requirements for the assignements themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryteller0
I don't see the need for having both "Personal" and "Department Head" assignements, the more since the 20h cooldown DH assignements are mostly 30 min to several hours. The 20 h cooldown should be reflected in the time requirements for the assignements themselves.
The purpose of the department head assignments is that they're a "second chance" at sector assignments, except they're unique to each player and on a much longer reset so you don't have to check them as often (and once fixed, you'll be able to share those assignments by inviting people to your bridge).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryteller0
I don't see the need for having both "Personal" and "Department Head" assignements, the more since the 20h cooldown DH assignements are mostly 30 min to several hours. The 20 h cooldown should be reflected in the time requirements for the assignements themselves.
Personal assignments are those that happen on your ship interior but make no sense to ever be shared as other ship interior assignments can be shared.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
That's the problem with you guys.

If it has a reason system-wise it automatically makes sense game-wise for you.

But it doesn't. It's one of those weird immersion-breaking things that makes playing STO feeling like any other abstract space-trade-battle game and not like Star Trek
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Holy crap, you guys. Stop complaining about this. There is no need for you to run to your department heads all the time unless you want to do something special like infuse alien artifact or continue the bartending chain. You do not need to run around your ship at all now if you don't want to, thanks to the department head buttons.

And I don't know about you, but I like that the assignments are neatly broken up by department now. Imagine all shipboard assignments in one huge list, that would be just one huge mess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Heretic, having the interior (not-make-a-hypo) assignments directly from the interface is fantastic, but could you please consider on moving them from the "Department Heads" Tab to the "Assignments" Tab? When you talk to a Department Head at the moment, you get switched to the assignement tab and below Sector and Personal a new Tab with e.g. "Tactical" appears. Can't you make it that all the interior assignments are there straight away? It's quite confusing to switch between Department Heads ans Assignments all the time, and many people haven't even realized yet that Departmen Heads now allow them to access interior missions, as it is a Tab that, after being setup once is like ... never used.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
Holy crap, you guys. Stop complaining about this. There is no need for you to run to your department heads all the time unless you want to do something special like infuse alien artifact or continue the bartending chain. You do not need to run around your ship at all now if you don't want to, thanks to the department head buttons.

And I don't know about you, but I like that the assignments are neatly broken up by department now. Imagine all shipboard assignments in one huge list, that would be just one huge mess.
You seem to misunderstand the problem - what people are complaining about is that you still DO have to run to shipboard npcs because currently department heads are giving different assignments than shipboard npcs. However, that's going to be fixed, at which point it will be completely awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN PLEASE, Just make Dept Heads and Shipboard the same thing and be done with it.

You're thinking WAY TOO HARD about this. The contortions are killing me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty
You seem to misunderstand the problem - what people are complaining about is that you still DO have to run to shipboard npcs because currently department heads are giving different assignments than shipboard npcs. However, that's going to be fixed, at which point it will be completely awesome.
More like "overly complex and cumbersome," but just the fact that they fixed something (anything) would put it into the "awesome" category, I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari_Ken View Post
DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN PLEASE, Just make Dept Heads and Shipboard the same thing and be done with it.

You're thinking WAY TOO HARD about this. The contortions are killing me.
There are no contortions. The fact that they are showing different assignments is simply a bug. A fix is being worked on.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 PM.