Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Those consoles are fine and aren't really the issue. It's the Aceton Assimilators that can't be shot down without HYT or TS and are easily hidden within carrier spam and Vent Theta which is broken due to infinite debuff stacking and instantaneous crew annihilation.

AMS on one ship is merely an annoyance but a whole team spamming AMS can break a match.
I think it would be solved if they had a maximum capacity in energy absorbed that when reached caused them to explode and have to be re-dropped by the player.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think it would be solved if they had a maximum capacity in energy absorbed that when reached caused them to explode and have to be re-dropped by the player.
Sounds like a decent mechanic. Or have a small amount of bleed through.

Or just fix Gravity Well which would be the perfect hard counter if it still worked.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
It might help if Aceton Assimilators didn't instantly destroy Tricobalts either (regardless of whether or not the Assimilators are being fired upon).
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Was that you? in that CnH?
I remember fighting a S. Hale and a big Vo'quv (I think) healing the stuffing out of me. Yay!

Which was good, because halfway through the match I got kid aggro and had to go afk a little to take care of vital potty and snack demands.

And yeah, while I don't think the aceton is OP for it's effect on ships, the ability to essentially clear out torps/mines/etc. is perhaps a bit much.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
I remember fighting a S. Hale and a big Vo'quv (I think) healing the stuffing out of me. Yay!

Which was good, because halfway through the match I got kid aggro and had to go afk a little to take care of vital potty and snack demands.

And yeah, while I don't think the aceton is OP for it's effect on ships, the ability to essentially clear out torps/mines/etc. is perhaps a bit much.
Yes! That was my Bortas -1 heal boat idea I was futzing around with at the time. Which Vessel was yours, namewise.
My Bortas was named Bir jaB (served cold).

Where the heals (extend shields 2 and HE2) helpful?
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It might help if Aceton Assimilators didn't instantly destroy Tricobalts either (regardless of whether or not the Assimilators are being fired upon).
That makes no sense.
If anything the tricobalt (mine or torpedo) should be the perfect counter to the assimilator everytime.