Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
"My God, it's full of stars"

This is a very long-standing graphics rendering glitch that appears to have been introduced with the DirectX 11 beta renderer, however the bug manifests under both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11.

The bug causes intermittent flickering of space/ground background graphics such as nebulae or clouds. It also causes distant planets to appear transparent or partially transparent and "full of stars". As one approaaches an afflicted planet, it gradually "fills in" with the proper planetary surface texture.

This bug has persisted thru multiple patches of STO dating back at least as far as January of this year *and* 1st manifested on the Tribble Test Server. An excellent example of the space background flickering can be observed in the Zaria system where the Deferi daily mission "Emancipation" takes place. To see it, pan the camera slowly around your starship after arriving in-system.

The bug exists under both ATI and Nvidia video cards and has persisted thru multiple driver updates for both, so clearly the problem exists within STO and needs fixing in STO.

Please Fix.

Thank You.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
We're aware of it. This is the existing thread for the skydome depth issues: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247134
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2012, 04:15 PM
I just think of this as a sensor glitch in my main deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkhan
"My God, it's full of stars"

This is a very long-standing graphics rendering glitch that appears to have been introduced with the DirectX 11 beta renderer, however the bug manifests under both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11.

The bug causes intermittent flickering of space/ground background graphics such as nebulae or clouds. It also causes distant planets to appear transparent or partially transparent and "full of stars". As one approaaches an afflicted planet, it gradually "fills in" with the proper planetary surface texture.

This bug has persisted thru multiple patches of STO dating back at least as far as January of this year *and* 1st manifested on the Tribble Test Server. An excellent example of the space background flickering can be observed in the Zaria system where the Deferi daily mission "Emancipation" takes place. To see it, pan the camera slowly around your starship after arriving in-system.

The bug exists under both ATI and Nvidia video cards and has persisted thru multiple driver updates for both, so clearly the problem exists within STO and needs fixing in STO.

Please Fix.

Thank You.

its a feature not a bug, thanks and have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
its a feature not a bug, thanks and have a nice day.
Is that sarcasm? I can't tell (I really Can't).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Is that sarcasm? I can't tell (I really Can't).
no not at all....didnt you know this game has no bugs, just unexpected features