Quote:
April 12: New Lock Box
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
/Points to calendar
Aww, man! I was just getting used to not seeing the Galor spam messages every 3 seconds!

Seriously people, don't buy any keys this time and maybe it'll go away!
This last lock box was like paying to get kicked in the groin, so I got cured from ever buying anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
Aww, man! I was just getting used to not seeing the Galor spam messages every 3 seconds!

Seriously people, don't buy any keys this time and maybe it'll go away!
This last lock box was like paying to get kicked in the groin, so I got cured from ever buying anymore.
Sorry to point out that they will never go away :p
BTW, the ability to turn off the messages has been available for some time now. First tab of your Settings I think.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Sorry to point out that they will never go away :p
BTW, the ability to turn off the messages has been available for some time now. First tab of your Settings I think.
Thanks, that's nice to know now. Wish I had know it about a billion galor spam's ago....
Lt. Commander
# 15 You blinked
03-28-2012, 11:49 PM
They will be back very soon. This is only a short break...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2012, 12:56 AM
At first I bought some keys for the lockboxes, when I found out there was rubbish in them, I felt ripped of and begain to dump them on the exchange (10 for 1 EC finally). When that didn't work no longer, I discarded them right away.

The good part of this story. I got 5 gold boxes. I bought keys for everyone. I got 2 shields, 2 recommendations boosts and a Galor ship. If I could buy this stuff in the store, I wouldn't spend money on it. So my stance is, if there is a nice ship, I might buy keys for the gold boxes, everything else gets dumped.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel
The good part of this story. I got 5 gold boxes. I bought keys for everyone. I got 2 shields, 2 recommendations boosts and a Galor ship. If I could buy this stuff in the store, I wouldn't spend money on it. So my stance is, if there is a nice ship, I might buy keys for the gold boxes, everything else gets dumped.
I only saw 3 gold boxes drop the whole time. I got one and it had the worthless shield box in it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Why would they do a dumb thing like that?

Clearly you're breaking your bank account to buy keys for these bad boys. So you need LOTs of them because your name can stream across everyone's screen simultaneously in bright colors when you've won the big prize. Then people can scorn the scourge of the stars NeilCiel and his many, many fellow key bearers for blotting out the screen while trying to manage inventory. Or kill a Borg cube flinging invisible torpedoes at light speed for the chance at earning the nearly non-existent Elite gear drops.
I meant, a feature in the option screen such that you, the player, can choose to prevent them from dropping for you. You can later reactivate it and then turn it off again. Turning it off only penalizes those who don't want to deal with them. They were WAY too ubiqutious. Sometimes i just don't want them to drop.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I meant, a feature in the option screen such that you, the player, can choose to prevent them from dropping for you. You can later reactivate it and then turn it off again. Turning it off only penalizes those who don't want to deal with them. They were WAY too ubiqutious. Sometimes i just don't want them to drop.
Because you won't be annoy...AHEM...tempted by the devil to acquire what's in the box.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2012, 02:40 AM
Once I found out the items are random and every key has to be purchased, I had zero temptation to open any of them.