Lt. Commander
My point is that Earth Space Dock is cool, but it need something:

- Ships arriving and going from "internal dock" that we see from space requisitions. Some ships making docking procedures and un docking and leaving from dock.

- Ships on patrol duty when we see from hall windows or some of them arriving to space dock (even on other starbases) that can be useful to gain "game inmersion".

- Planets with animal life maybe some agressive, but some little animal moving or hiding. Planets are fantastic, but need a little touch... that thouch is life.

- planets with diferent gravity (we have a mission with romulans with it).

-Planets with "hazzard" (hostile) conditions with max time to do the mission or with special equipment needed (mask or several drougs as we see using to doctor MCoy, Crusher, Basir, Joe (EMH).

-PvP or PvE maps/missions on exterior from starships/starbases and with special gravity or properties (as we see on first contac). Crypic has made a great work with the last mission of 2800, but that map can be useful for another things.

-Engage holosuits to simulate especial battles or events (ST historical battles on dominion wars or others, battle of britain (will be very funny change ambients) or Photon Captain series. even they can be used as STF to give special equipment, uniforms or things.... or even take a drink with Vic Fontaine on DS9

Cryptic has made a great work, I only think that must go more deeper on Star Trek feeling.

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberjac View Post
-Engage holosuits to simulate especial battles or events (ST historical battles on dominion wars or others, battle of britain (will be very funny change ambients) or Photon Captain series. even they can be used as STF to give special equipment, uniforms or things.... or even take a drink with Vic Fontaine on DS9.
Let us a fail a certain academy test to our hearts delight!

And playing out historical battles on the holodeck is an awesome idea. Here's a couple premises that could be great fun:

- What if your ship was present at Wolf 359? (Could make this a fleet action even.) (Inspired by an old X-Wing Mission that went "Imagine we had B-Wing bombers when attacking the first death star". The cube from Wolf 359 could be soloable by our current starships, who knows, SF had no idea about the borg back then. Maybe an optional could be "save as many ships from the fleet as possible" )

- SF Academy adapted the Kirk vs. Khan space battle into a training exercise! You can try yourself as Kirk or you can take on Kirk as Khan!

- Can you avert the destruction of the Enterprise D at the hands of the Duras sisters?

- Enterprise E vs. Shinzon! (A bit too much like the Donatra boss fight maybe...)

Plus of course all other space battles from the movies. And some Dominion war large scale space battles of course.

All those should be available by visiting your ship's or ESD's holodeck and should give the option to command the "canon" ship (all mentioned Enterprises are in game, so are Defiant and Intrepid, so really not much work here) or your own ship as it looks and is fitted right now. They should be soloable and scale up nicely for groups. (Maybe make Wolf 359 not soloable.)

Another plus is that since it's simple holodeck exercises you don't need big storylines tying them into the game, so it cuts down on dev time. You also can just release them whenever they're done, no need to collect until there's enough for a 5 or 6 mission arc.

Rewards could be simply dilithium or, if you make them difficult enough, maybe half an Encrypted Data Chip per mission. Doesn't have to be something to trump the MACO set, but not something too shabby either.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
My point is that Earth Space Dock is cool, but it need something:

- Ships arriving and going from "internal dock" that we see from space requisitions. Some ships making docking procedures and un docking and leaving from dock.

- Ships on patrol duty when we see from hall windows or some of them arriving to space dock (even on other starbases) that can be useful to gain "game inmersion".

- Planets with animal life maybe some agressive, but some little animal moving or hiding. Planets are fantastic, but need a little touch... that thouch is life.

- planets with diferent gravity (we have a mission with romulans with it).

-Planets with "hazzard" (hostile) conditions with max time to do the mission or with special equipment needed (mask or several drougs as we see using to doctor MCoy, Crusher, Basir, Joe (EMH).

-PvP or PvE maps/missions on exterior from starships/starbases and with special gravity or properties (as we see on first contac). Crypic has made a great work with the last mission of 2800, but that map can be useful for another things.

-Engage holosuits to simulate especial battles or events (ST historical battles on dominion wars or others, battle of britain (will be very funny change ambients) or Photon Captain series. even they can be used as STF to give special equipment, uniforms or things.... or even take a drink with Vic Fontaine on DS9

Cryptic has made a great work, I only think that must go more deeper on Star Trek feeling.

I agree with Timberjac and Autistic_Cucoo on both of their Ideas with the addition of a few of my own, maybe docking at ESD could be turned into a mini-game. In addition, I loved to original 3rd floor lounge on ESD above club 47, it had great atmosphere (nice and dark with glowing plants), I think it should be brought back...of course with the addition of a functional bar, it was a great social location, maybe if not on ESD maybe add it to another starbace that you are trying to flesh out. Anyway that's my 2 cents, thanks for the great work you have done to ESD and other starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Jansky
I agree with Timberjac and Autistic_Cucoo on both of their Ideas with the addition of a few of my own, maybe docking at ESD could be turned into a mini-game. In addition, I loved to original 3rd floor lounge on ESD above club 47, it had great atmosphere (nice and dark with glowing plants), I think it should be brought back...of course with the addition of a functional bar, it was a great social location, maybe if not on ESD maybe add it to another starbace that you are trying to flesh out. Anyway that's my 2 cents, thanks for the great work you have done to ESD and other starbases.
A docking procedure minigame... thats is fantastic idea...

The third floor lounge, I think that set on our actual ESD without too many problems.

I also add "artistic skills" for our captains. In the past, I played for 5 years to SWG, and one of genial part was have dance and playing instruments with several variations and flourish and with players merge his own artist representations (On that game, that heal wounds and set buffs... on STO, only can set buffs). That do players go to clubs and bars and socialize a while. Clubs and bars need be a point of interest, to players with something to do, not only a pass site.