Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpphasors
This is what you show to prove your DPS.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6...teinfected.png <--- this is the only way to count damage done and DPS. Not a silly screen shot of your weapon with beam overload.
Great little program that. Although as a warning it doesnít count all damage as damage. I do a large amount of DPS via mines yet they are not added into my damage numbers. It seems to me in real PvP the average dps is only about 1000dps give or take a little for the highest pilots in an average match.

EDIT: I think any object that can be shot down is not added. So no high yield plasma or tircoblats.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
This has turned out to be a really good read for the most part.

I now feel the need to drop my dual Beam bank and add a 3rd Mk xii Borg antiproton DHC to the Fore of my Defiant.

Iím also wondering if it might be beneficial to drop my Quantum Torp and go with a Photon Torp instead.

The reasoning behind the torpedo change would be Iíll be getting a heck of a lot more Photon shots off than with my Quantum.

Slot the Best quality Projectile Doffs I can get and further boost the firing time of the Photon Torp.

Iím thinking that more shots might equal more damage in the long run.
In regards to dropping the DBB, that could net you a loss of DPS, due to the Ens BO slot that is wasted.

WIth only 1 Launcher, Projectile Doffs are not that usefull, but with loads of launchers they become invaluable, You are prolly better off with ET and ST doffs to kick out ALOT more healing.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
Great little program that. Although as a warning it doesnít count all damage as damage. I do a large amount of DPS via mines yet they are not added into my damage numbers. It seems to me in real PvP the average dps is only about 1000dps give or take a little for the highest pilots in an average match.

EDIT: I think any object that can be shot down is not added. So no high yield plasma or tircoblats.

-It does, but it won't count it under your name (sometimes). It will say EX: Photonic mines 540 dps total damage done: 450,000 SO YOU JUST ADD IT TO YOUR TOTAL DPS AND DIVIDE BY TIME.

-The damage reported is after mitigations I don't know why you think it's damage done b4 mitigation.
- It also counts misses, ie: you dont do damage so theres nothing to count...
-Not sure why or how you came to your assumptions... do you use the parser?
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Looks like someone missed the DPS thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929
Theirs a lot of information their happy digging.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:

-It does, but it won't count it under your name (sometimes). It will say EX: Photonic mines 540 dps total damage done: 450,000 SO YOU JUST ADD IT TO YOUR TOTAL DPS AND DIVIDE BY TIME.

-The damage reported is after mitigations I don't know why you think it's damage done b4 mitigation.
Actually, only do that if you know you are the only person using those type of mines... two people using the same mine type will have that damage added together, so dont really want to just add it... (besides, who uses mines? )

In any case, thanks to this thread, i upped my DPS to almost 5k consistently... probably the best I can do on my science captain, but better than the <3k i was getting before
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:

Well I admit it was late last night so I might be mistaken, will test again today. As for how I came to that I did a PvP match last night as I wanted to compare my torpedo boat against other PvP setups. I came to the conclusion as Parser showed my DPS as less than the PvP damage screen and under my name mines and destroyable torpedoes did not show. I had no way to tell which destroyable objects belong to me or someone else. Plus it did not stack up the mines, but instead placed them all as single objects. Which is a same as I deal large amount of damage with mines.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Does this parser program even exist anymore?

I decided to give in to the curiosity and check it out but the only place that it seems to have been available from has either lost it or deliberately taken it down.

Edit: Never mind, pretty sure I found one that will work.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Hello guys,

would be great if one of you heavy dps players (6k+) could make a video from an elite stf, to see the playstyle. Also do some comments during video like: when and why you do sth in a specific situation, please.
For comparison reason it would be helpfull if you additionally post your equip, including quality of items.

I would also like to know what DOFFs you use? (for torpedo build and without torpedos).
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Hmm, knowing that someone has tested the numbers makes me more inclined to try a beam build (so far I have five alts running the standard DHC/Torp builds).

However, I am concerned that the raw DPS numbers for beam builds are significantly higher than your effective DPS:

1) If most of your damage is coming from FAW, then most of those FAW shots could be wasted (e.g. hitting a cube when there are still nanites up)

2) I'm also concerned that if your combat style consists of running circles around your target instead of point-and-shoot (alternating between creeping forward and backpedalling), then you're basically going to have to go through all four shield facings instead of just one. This concern could become moot if the Borg become more like that D'direx Defender, though.

Anyway, if this beam build turns out to be a mistake I'm going to be down 400c and a lot of dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
This is what you show to prove your DPS.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6...teinfected.png <--- this is the only way to count damage done and DPS. Not a silly screen shot of your weapon with beam overload.

^ This is on an infected elite (of course we got optional) but you can see total damage over total amount of time. You keep proving you have no idea what your talking about. As well that you REALLY need to listen to me and the other people that actually understand this forum post.

******* Ps ill pvp you anytime and anywhere and ill win.
*********** reverse shield polarity and you lose.
please join organizedpvp chat channel in game and ask aorund for a 1v1. you will not wait long to find one wholl accept your challenge. despite your mit genius, you may find there are many more factors involved in pvp than shear dps and rsp....

gl hf