Lt. Commander
# 1821
03-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
If your Tribbles have snacked on 54% food or drink items, that would 'poison' their ability to breed more advanced tribbles... You might need to start over creating a 'virgin' breeding pool to get proper results...

I've been breeding Tribble (val) all this month in quantity, (last batch was this morning) and posting them for a very reasonable price on the Exchange, so I know this still works...
Oh I had no idea about the 54% 'poison', that's where I am going wrong then. Thanks for the help I would never have figured that out.
Lt. Commander
# 1822
03-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Never Mind, I found one...

Though it is missing the Dominion Tribble.

Also: This one does not fit well as a Background.
Lt. Commander
# 1823
03-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I could not find the lil Gamma quadrant fella on there either so i assumed the wiki was out of date.

I had a few tribbles in my inventory that i forgot to delete a few days ago - i never really looked into breading tribbles - + some ketracel from one of the 2800 missions and staring back at me in my inventory was a GQTribble when i looked to sort out my inventory, to me that was very random and very wonderful.

Im sure my away teams are getting a bit too friendly with my tribbles as each one has one and randomly during a mission i can hear them purring lol behind me lol
Lt. Commander
# 1824
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Did you actually play the game during those days? I think tribbles breed on the hour, or at least they breed every hour after you put them in a bank/inventory with some food. Try placing the tribble in your inventory with some food and play the game for at least an hour. It should work.
Yes, was playing the game--several hours, in fact. I have bred tribbles from the bottom to the top of the ladder, so it's not new to me. I just can't get a GQ tribble for whatever reason. Perhaps my progenitor was "poisoned" as a later poster mentioned. I should have a good virgin stock now, since I got 12 new ones in a Doff mission disaster.
Lt. Commander
# 1825
04-02-2012, 02:07 PM
So has anyone tried using 'Dosi Rotgut' yet???
Lt. Commander
# 1826
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Tried the what now?

If I knew what it was, I'd give it a go.
Lt. Commander
# 1827
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Tried the what now?

If I knew what it was, I'd give it a go.
This is the results of the Bartender mission, (Research Tulaberry cocktail) after you finish the 'Tulaberry' chain. Its listed as a very rare
Lt. Commander
# 1828 tribbles ?
04-09-2012, 12:30 AM
thank you for this post, and here i was thinking they were just annoying little pests with no value
Lt. Commander
# 1829
04-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
So has anyone tried using 'Dosi Rotgut' yet???
Yes, I did, but until now without any success except white tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 1830
04-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Has any one got a tribble Activation sequence?

We know tribbles activate on the hour. But in what order? and which food item do they select? I ask as I wish to set up a Tribble Corpse Grinder (Sorry been playing minecraft too much).

I think from memory fuelled passive observations the Tribbles activate as you would read the inventory slots (Left to right, top to bottom)

So if that is the case, then a pile of Tribbles on to top row, with a pile of food. and an equal number of Cannibal tribbles on the bottom row should achieve a corpse every hour and the Tribble numbers should not decrease, nor increase.

I was going to test it later, but its going to take me some time which I don't have at the moment. So I wondered if anyone had conducted these experiments?