Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachVerant
This was a very dumb thing to do, and there are more pressing issues with the game then screwing with the trophies.
Yes, with the many problems with bugs in STO them changing trophies is questionable. Of course, you complaining about this above more pressing problems is also questionable.

Or am I just an "April's Fool"?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2012, 07:34 AM
This was changed when they rolled out all the doff contacts inside the ship(s). I too was very disappointed since I just picked up the latinum pile but hadn't taken pictures of my main sitting on it... I literally thought 'well I can always do it later' but ha ha joke's on me.

It seems pretty pointless to have objects that look solid but don't clip. Just change it back.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I didnt find out about this till it was mentioned here and I tried to see if I could clip through the trophies. It never made a difference to me since I never personally had a reason to stand on them. But I still think it shouldnt have been done. If people complained about the camera clipping their starship, why wouldnt people complain about their character clipping through an object that should be solid.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
yupp...

/10char

technically speaking what happened?
did they only remove collision detection, or did the actual visuals change into holograms, with flickering and stuff?
Collision detection is removed from almost all trophies. They still look the same, no holo-flicker.

My Big Dig trophy still has collision though!

EDIT: I guess that probably means my Gorn can't use the Barge of the Dead as a lava surfboard anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
(Edited to not sound like such a snarky jerk. Realized it meant I had to delete almost the whole post ... All that's left is ...)

Seriously ? This is what we're complaining about this week ?

April Fool's right ?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
They don't care is we LTS people are mad anymore. The entire gaming industry is on a slow spiral to hell anyway. At least I don't have to pay them anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieJohn View Post
(Edited to not sound like such a snarky jerk. Realized it meant I had to delete almost the whole post ... All that's left is ...)

Seriously ? This is what we're complaining about this week ?

April Fool's right ?
Its amazing what people find to complain about these days.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-03-2012, 09:58 AM
What...

...Have...

...You...

...Done?!

to my beloved Bajoran Pagh wraith portal!?!?!?!

*quickly check the 10 forward on his Odyssey*

*it takes a while*

*it is a big ship*

AND MY KEEPER OF TIME!!!

im honestly not sure if my ships have a plank to walk you on but i suppose an airlock will have to do!

me no gusta.

Edit:

My Bat'Teth Trophy too?

who needs a freaking Holographic sword!?!?

ok metrion gas may well have been a little dangerous but devs...come on at least give us the option.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Collision detection is removed from almost all trophies. They still look the same, no holo-flicker.

My Big Dig trophy still has collision though!

EDIT: I guess that probably means my Gorn can't use the Barge of the Dead as a lava surfboard anymore...
That is nothing short of awesome... too bad I did that mission and never even got the trophy. So lame.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
As funny as this complaint is... don't holograms have substance? Shouldn't I be able to sit in my Q chair even if it is made up of photons and forcefields?
Hhmmmm...