Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
The only graphical issues I have with the ships are the large black patches that appear in DX11 with my GT520, and other NVidia cards (so I hear). And I think that those too, should be put on the back burner until much larger issues are dealt with. Like KDF content, PvP content, more Endgame, broken skills/powers/gear... all much much much more important to the game's future.
True, also I get that problem But there is no harm in listing the known issues of how the ships look.

Back on topic. When I said the the saucer of the sovy needed to be wider I was wrong it should be just bigger. Meaning it should be wider and longer Or they can make the rest of the ships smaller.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
really, I thought that it looked almost like it counterpart for the series? I haven't seen one a while so could be wrong.
It should be 50% longer than wide, in this game it's more like 10 to 20%.
The ship looks pretty distorted.
But it's very probable that everyone just has one or two ships whose errors he or she can see miles away, just like you and the Sovereign.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Funke View Post
Klingon D-7/ K'Tinga- http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/d7ktinga1.htm ; The errors in the in game models are very numerous, textures of the hull in both cases, The inward angle of the nacelles on both in game ships are not correct. Behind the "head" on top of the front "bulb" the aft section is not correct. The red glow from the top of the engineering hull of the K'Tinga is not depicted in game, however clearly seen in the opening scene of Star Trek TMP.
With the exception of the missing torpedo launcher must errors were corrected a long while ago...and then broken again.
The Hi and Low res versions of the models are reversed whcih means the nacelles and top module glow at a great distance.
It was fixed briefly before season 5 when they broke it again.
So with that short eyxception it's been broken for over a year now but it's not a modelling issue but one of reversed models.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
It should be 50% longer than wide, in this game it's more like 10 to 20%.
The ship looks pretty distorted.
But it's very probable that everyone just has one or two ships whose errors he or she can see miles away, just like you and the Sovereign.
Well no it should be both wider and longer. The saucer is supposed to be wider than the nacelles. But it is roughly the same width.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-e-sheet-1.jpg

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...ifications.jpg

We had this same discussion on the Starship: Model errors,issues thread. When I was talking about the nacelles needed to be risen as you can see in the picture that the sacuer is wider. But i do agree it also needs to be longer.

I always assumed that the saucer section of the sovereign class was the same diamensions as the galaxy class's saucer since it is the same oval shape just turned around but it isn't o well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Well no it should be both wider and longer. The saucer is supposed to be wider than the nacelles. But it is roughly the same width.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-e-sheet-1.jpg

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...ifications.jpg

We had this same discussion on the Starship: Model errors,issues thread. When I was talking about the nacelles needed to be risen as you can see in the picture that the sacuer is wider. But i do agree it also needs to be longer.

I always assumed that the saucer section of the sovereign class was the same diamensions as the galaxy class's saucer since it is the same oval shape just turned around but it isn't o well.
Well, that's what I meant:
You can spot those problems while others can spot a misshapen Vor'cha without need to actually measure it on a screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well, that's what I meant:
You can spot those problems while others can spot a misshapen Vor'cha without need to actually measure it on a screenshot.
Ya, anyway back on topic why aren't the devs making all the ships look exactly like their counterparts. Also on the sovereign class the red part of the nacelles are supposed to move like the nx and tos.