Lt. Commander
On the "standard" bridge the captain's chair is to the left of the view screen(when facing it) rather than center. Is this intended or just sloppy design?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
On the "standard" bridge the captain's chair is to the left of the view screen(when facing it) rather than center. Is this intended or just sloppy design?
You've been here since beta and never noticed the offset before? I'm going with by design... it is different, but it isn't like you actually 'drive' by looking out the windshield.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You've been here since beta and never noticed the offset before? I'm going with by design... it is different, but it isn't like you actually 'drive' by looking out the windshield.
Seeing as how the ship interiors were useless until the recent Doff update, I really didnt spend enough time there to notice until now. That said, if it *is* intentional it is one of the worst design decisions I've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Seeing as how the ship interiors were useless until the recent Doff update, I really didnt spend enough time there to notice until now. That said, if it *is* intentional it is one of the worst design decisions I've seen.
It was probably a case of "let's try something different", possibly from early game development.
At least it feels this way when I look at the simplicity of the bridge design.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
It was probably a case of "let's try something different", possibly from early game development.
At least it feels this way when I look at the simplicity of the bridge design.
The standard bridge is fairly cringe-worthy. Personally I'd just as soon the ships come with a better bridge rather than having to spend 1000 EC to change it.

Myself, I tended to change it, even though I wasn't on the bridge often, just because I'd have no self-respect if I let a Galaxy class have such a dinky little room as it's command center.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Honestly? I think it's a homage to the fact the TOS Enterprise bridge was 'off center'. If you look at any of the blueprints, the turbolift is actually the back side of the bridge, and the captain's chair and navigation/helm/viewscreen are off center to the left. The 'Standard' bridge mimics that, but is also oval, thereby actually showing the fact it's off center, where the TOS Bridge was circular.