Lt. Commander
I filed this as bug #1,317,978 a moment ago. But, for the purposes of making sure the bug is seen/known about (I couldn't find it elsewhere), there are 2 bugs with this assignment that I can see.

A.) The assignment I'm on (#4: Perform Additional Forensic Sweeps of Facility 4028) lists itself in sector space as 4/4. (This is wrong.)
B.) The duty officer assignment chains screen lists in the summary that I've completed 3 out of 5 steps. However, there are 6 assignments. This is also wrong. It should say 3/6 complete .
#1 - Attend Briefing at Facility 4028 About Escaped Dominion Prisoners Done
#2 - Investigate Facility 4028 Prisoner Database for Leads Done
#3 - Perform Forensic Sweep of Facility 4028 Done
#4 - Perform Additional Forensic Sweeps of Facility 4028 In progress
#5 - Bribe Locals for Assistance Not done
#6 - Raid Safehouse of Facility 4028 Fugitives Not done

Edit to add (04/04/2012):
C.) According to the duty officer spreadsheet, apparently completing this 4th step BLOCKS future steps in the chain from being acquired and/or completing them. I'll confirm this over the next few days. If it is indeed the case, it would point to another issue to be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
incorrect, what you have listed as 4/4 is NOT part of the chain. It's an unlockable assignment that is unlocked by completeing 3/5, but completing it does not advance the chain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
incorrect, what you have listed as 4/4 is NOT part of the chain. It's an unlockable assignment that is unlocked by completeing 3/5, but completing it does not advance the chain.
In my assignment log, I haven't done a 3/4 for this chain. The previous mission I did in this chain was the 3/5 step (should be 3/6) shown here. This was completed today. Scrolling through my list, there are no other assignments of this name, so I couldn't have had an intermediary step (e.g. 1/4 through, if I supported your logic, 3/4). Adding to that, there are other problems with your response:

1.) Going from 3/5 to 4/4 is not logical nor would it make numerical sense.
2.) There is no evidence, either in my assignment chains or in my assignment log, that I would have ever done any of the assignments (1/4 to 3/4). This is because I haven't ever done those. I went from 3/5 to 4/4 on the very next assignment.
3.) If this is an assignment unlock, it is behaving differently from other 'unlocked' assignments that I've done in several other chains. It shouldn't report 4/4 if it is indeed not part of the original chain. None of the other standalones do. The only ones that are currently chain repeatables that I have would be the consumables threads.

Bug part B is here
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
the TITLE 4/4 is the bug, it's NOT a chain step at all. There is no 1/4 etc... mentally erase the 4/4 and it will make more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
the TITLE 4/4 is the bug, it's NOT a chain step at all. There is no 1/4 etc... mentally erase the 4/4 and it will make more sense.
Let's assume that's correct for the moment. (Fine with me either way.) I wrote the bug report originally (without modification prior to or after this thread creation) saying that the 4/4 was bugged AND that the step in my assignment chain was bugged. Both of my statements are correct.

If it's not bugged the way you think it is - or even if it is, it should be corrected in any event, as both scenarios indicate a bug in part A. Part B is, without question, bugged and has equal visual confirmation (e.g. screenshot).
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Now that the mission is finished, I can confirm that you are wrong.

Here's a couple of minutes before the mission was complete: 5 minutes prior to completion

AFTER completion of this 4/4 mission, it now shows that step 4 of the 5 chain sequence (which is actually 6) is complete: Completion screenshot

Sorry, your assumptions are invalid. Mine, from the original post above, are correct.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 06:16 AM
A new pilot got the followup mission as one of his first ones.

Search for more fugitives of Facility 2048, or something along those lines.

At that time he had not even heard about the Facility.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
Now that the mission is finished, I can confirm that you are wrong.

Here's a couple of minutes before the mission was complete: 5 minutes prior to completion

AFTER completion of this 4/4 mission, it now shows that step 4 of the 5 chain sequence (which is actually 6) is complete: Completion screenshot

Sorry, your assumptions are invalid. Mine, from the original post above, are correct.
BEHOLD: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...an-d4v2ufz.png

Rappaccini completed the chain WITHOUT doing the 4/4 aasignment. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
BEHOLD: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...an-d4v2ufz.png

Rappaccini completed the chain WITHOUT doing the 4/4 aasignment. :p
You're pointing out a third bug with regards to this chain, not denying any of what was mentioned above in this thread. You or he should be filing a bug report on that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I also successfully completed the 4028 fugitives without ever doing the "4/4" step. The bug is that it's listed as being part of the chain, when it's actually intended to be the repeatable version of step 3/5.