Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
Theory:
-Now that we can munge DOffs into higher quality DOffs at any time, carrying around boatloads of white or green DOffs for Officer Exchanges isn't that appealing. I'd much rather munge them all into higher quality DOffs and have a few hand-picked green DOffs on-hand for officer exchanges.
-Commendation DOffs cannot be munged, but can be exchanged
-Commendation DOffs have a good range of trait combinations available, and are (re)purchaseable for the low-low price of 1k dil. (At least the greens are).
-As we'll see, there isn't an ideal DOff for all of them, but matching one trait is easy for most of them.
-Limiting ourselves to green commendation DOffs because 1k dil is cheap

Fed:
Bajoran Exch: Spiritual Logical Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: Bygriia (R2 Medical Rigelian Botanist) {Congenial Efficient Spiritual Tactful}

Cardassian Exch: Efficient Eidetic Emotional Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: Bigaktabo (R2? Trade Benzite SecOff) {Efficient Eidetic Logical Stubborn}

Karemman Exch: Honorable Teamwork Aggressive Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: Ken Inuya Shijimi (R1 Trade Human Quartermaster) {Founders Honorable Tactful Teamwork}

Paradan Exch: Logical Unscrupulous Emotional Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: None, plenty of 1 trait matches (only logical/unscrup is an advisor and thus unuseable)

KDF:
Wadi Exch: Congenial Tactful Aggressive Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: Muliza (R1 Sci Orion Biochemist) {Congenial Seductive Tactful Teamwork}

Cardassian Exch: Efficient Eidetic Emotional Unruly
Ideal Commendation DOff: none, plenty of 1 trait matches

Dosi Exch: Aggressive Cunning Tactful Honorable
Ideal Commendation DOff: Nefaum (R1 Develop Orion Sec Off) {Aggressive Cunning Emotional Unscrupulous}

Ferasan Exch: Aggressive Unruly Logical Peaceful
Ideal Commendation DOff: Alhina Mzyrni (R1 Marauder Andorian EWeapOff) {Aggressive Emotional Founders Unruly}
(Possibly more useful: Dgux (R2 Military Nausicaan Assault))

No claim is made as to the uniqueness of these DOffs idealness, ie, there might be other 'ideal' DOffs. (Indeed, for a couple i know there is, but i tried hard to find an R1 commendation DOff when possible).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 01:28 PM
My current approach is that I am not worried about matching or carrying around Doffs etc....

What I am doing is converting all "bound" Doffs to ones I can sell, grind or stick in the mail. I am sure many people have lots of green or even blue doffs bound that they cant do a lot with. The exchanges are perfect for trading and converting them to unlocked Doff. Also using some suppot reward doffs that I might have too many off.

I then save the white or green exchange rewards for future exchanges once I cleen out all the bound doffs mucking up my roster. And sometimes the RNG god smiles on you and you get a blue or purple!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Very good info.

I'm am so gonna abuse the heck outa this.

Um... I mean... I'm gonna "use this info to help me play the game the way it was intended"... yeah, that's it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaspurcell
I'm am so gonna abuse the heck outa this.
Turning in Emergency Holograms was abuse because EC is easy to get. I don't think this is abuse since Dilithium is a controlled currency.

Edit: Actually, with the buffed rarity of the assignment and long cooldown, I don't think anything would count as abuse any longer.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I am such a DOFF noob lol
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

"munged"? What the heck is that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

"munged"? What the heck is that?
slang
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mung
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 12:28 AM
How about asylums? Some easy way to run them other than refugees from colonization support or big EC on exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithustus View Post
How about asylums? Some easy way to run them other than refugees from colonization support or big EC on exchange?
I'd like you to think about this for 5 minutes and come up with your own answer as to why what you're asking is impossible.

Hint: There are only a few sources of Refugees, and of those only Supports guarantee one. (Ok, or buying on the exchange, you can also be absolutely sure you're getting a refugee that way...).
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Theory:
-Now that we can munge DOffs into higher quality DOffs at any time
Umm... Really? How it's done? I swear browsed in every Doff info thread, and I found nothing...

So.. how to 'munge'?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daidarabotchi
Umm... Really? How it's done? I swear browsed in every Doff info thread, and I found nothing...

So.. how to 'munge'?

The people in the academy's, that have the missions to get more white doffs, also have a mission to exchange 5 white for 1 green or 5 green for 1 blue or 5 blue for 1 purple (With a small chance to get a v.rare now)