Lt. Commander
Hi. I have an Admiral Upper Half character and would like to tank for my friends who are just getting started here. With the way the game has it's mission difficulties set up, is this possible? I tried to do this once, but the level was set to LV. 45 difficulty, not 10 (or whatever).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
When you team with them you need to make them the team leader, then you need to enable "match team leader level" or what ever they call it. Then you will be brought down to a level 10.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
You have to use the level match feature. Have one of your lower-level friends form the party, then click an icon next to their character portrait where it lists all your party members on your UI to lower your level to your friends'.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 07:23 PM
As the team leader, look at your Team UI, right click on the lowest level teammate and select "Set Squad Leader". After this, have everyone in the team including yourself click on the button to the left of their own portrait's.

You will now be playing at the same level of the selected Squad leader. Do this before entering systems, stay within range of the squad leader, and you're set.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd like to emphasize "Stay in range of squad leader", one of my alts that I'm leveling got roflstomped by an NPC much to my chargrin 'cos my buddy forgot about this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Everyone else already gave you the answer you needed. I'd like to add just one more thing: Remember, although you'll be sidekicked down to their level, you'll still have the VA ship, the MK XI weapons, the MK XI consoles, if you open fire, you'll be able to pop most anything before they get off a shot.

Tank for them but remember you're still overpowered in low level areas, so let them do the shooting for the most part or it could become very boring for your friends.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
And, you can always select a lower ranked ship to use. You'll still have all your personal abilities, but your BOFFs will be more to your friend's levels, and if you don't load up on your big weapons, you won't be overpowering the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 01:55 AM
It's the other way around. YOU become team leader and have them match your level.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
It's the other way around. YOU become team leader and have them match your level.
Um no, then they end up in the same under powered ships with low level boff slots. fighting va level enemies. All you need to do is watch lowbies in a Defari sector Red Alert to see how that works. What Destinii said about putting yourself in an old ship when you level down is the way to do it, you aren't hogging all the combat that way. You're still better, but not like in a VA ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Um no, then they end up in the same under powered ships with low level boff slots. fighting va level enemies. All you need to do is watch lowbies in a Defari sector Red Alert to see how that works. What Destinii said about putting yourself in an old ship when you level down is the way to do it, you aren't hogging all the combat that way. You're still better, but not like in a VA ship.
They get buffed up. They may still have the same ship but they can still do damage to the VA ships. My experience with matching the lower level players is that you still end up with higher level enemies. Especially after a map switch. Except now instead of having 5 high level players, you have 5 low level players and a bunch of high level ships.

As for red alerts, that's a horrible example. Have you seen how high level players perform when the game decides it wants to be ****** and not let you use powers or target anything? What difference does it make if you're matching levels or not when you insta-die for being hit by an unstoppable torpedo, regardless of active powers, remaining hull, or remaining shields?