Lt. Commander
# 1 Warp Speed
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
How do you increase a ship's speed while at warp? When I'm doing the Tour the Universe mission it takes me about 40 minutes, but I see guys flying by me going twice as fast. I tried shifting my power to engines but that didn't help.

I'm running the Jem'Hadar mark X Impulse engine. Do I need to swap that out?

Thanks,
Peet
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 02:43 PM
The higher your level the faster you go.

If you have the assimilated borg engines (which you can get through the STFs) you'll go faster.

At level 50 you'll be able to use the slipstream drive skill

you can also put points into the Driver Coil skill to increase your warp speed, but I don't recommend that if you don't need that skill for other things as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi3th
How do you increase a ship's speed while at warp? When I'm doing the Tour the Universe mission it takes me about 40 minutes, but I see guys flying by me going twice as fast. I tried shifting my power to engines but that didn't help.

I'm running the Jem'Hadar mark X Impulse engine. Do I need to swap that out?

Thanks,
Peet
The max Warp of the JH engine is 10 (well, technically, it's supposed to be 9.995 or so, and rounded to 10), even with maximum Driver Coil. The Borg Subtranswarp engine removes the cap and sets your base speed to Warp 14, the MACO does so at 12, and the Quantum Slipstream sets it to 20.

With absolute maximum Driver Coil (9/9 and Diplomatic Immunity), the Borg engine can cruise at like Warp 25, and Slipstream goes to Warp 35 or so.

If you want to run the Tour, get to Vice Admiral and equip the Borg engine, then ask around for the Diplomatic Immunity buff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
How does Diplomatic Immunity increase speed? I thought it just let you access other areas of space you don't normally get to enter.

Peet
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
It allows access to Omega Leonis but it also increases your Warp Speed. Before the Driver Coils skill, the only way to increase your Warp Speed was increasing rank and Diplomatic Immunity Buff. Before Season 3 or so Sector Enemy ships would actually chase your down and drag you into fleet actions. Diplo Immunity allowed your avoid those encounters. Very useful for a lowbie traveling through higher level areas.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Currently, I'm pretty sure how Diplomatic Immunity works in its speed boost is to grant +50 to Driver Coils.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
If you are already at max warp for your drive though does Diplomatic Immunity still grant a bonus? People give me DI when I'm flying around sometimes but it doesn't seem to do anything to my speed.

Peet
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi3th
If you are already at max warp for your drive though does Diplomatic Immunity still grant a bonus? People give me DI when I'm flying around sometimes but it doesn't seem to do anything to my speed.

Peet
Unless you have an Engine (Borg or MACO) or an Ability (Slip stream) which gives you Transwarp speeds (i,e, >10). DI and/or Driver Coils won't help. Neither DI or Driver Coils allow you exceed Warp 10.