> > > Hi Captains. Thank you for your patience! We've got our top Engineers checking in on the errors you are reporting. More updates as they become available, so watch this announcement section. < < <
UPDATE! We will be bringing down STO in 1hr 22min for emergency maintenance. ETA is 2 hrs (2AM) PDT. Details here.
Update! The queue is clear for now :) Thanks for your patience as we worked to get all players in. (Note: There may be small, sporadic queues as more players log in.)
Update! We are aware that some players are seeing an error upon login and are working to resolve this.
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
I made a new Liberated Borg on Thursday. I did the the Azura mission and then decided to only do Patrol Missions the rest of the way. With the Double XP weekend I was at VA on Saturday. I think it was around 17 /played hours.
My last toon took about 14h to get from Ensing to VA.
Its pretty simple:
- use 8h xp-boosts about 2 r needed
- travelling time in sectospace is lost time; so just keep the distances between missions short
- play in normal mode, killing elite npcs takes to long and gives only a few xp more
- most missions take place in space so built ur ship right to get quick through it
(that means equipt only beam weapons and use faw, get a resilient shield so u will only need some shield heal like EPtS1+2 ST1 (later u can take a HE2 and always balance ur shields); set ur powerlevels to 100/25/50/25; always use a hyperimpulse-engine (once u've killed an enemy mob use an engine battery and hit evasive and u reach the next mob within seconds; if u can use a hyperimpulse-engine with [Full] this will get u faster through scan 5 this or approach the planet missions; spend ur skillpoints first into Starship Waepon Training, Starship Shield Emitters and all the other things that boost ur beamboat
- as soon as u can get an escort and use 2 copies of faw (escorts fly and kill faster)
- there is no need to return to esd to get the next promotion u will only lose time with talking to admiral quinn, get a new ship, equip the new ship train bos and fly back to the sector u left while u got promoted (the time u spend with this is the same time u need to get 2 grades)
- to create a toon i usually run through the tutorial (takes about 5 min), get to esd and have a short conversation with quinn, leave esd to sirius sector block and start the system patrols at Kei System -> Beytan System -> Pelleme System -> and so on; I dont do S.S. Azura and the other storyline things at the beginning (i only do storyline missions if im close to one of the systems i have to travel to)
things i always do to save time and nerve are to set "Keep moving during contact dialogs" enabled and bind fire all weapons faw epts distribute shields to the spacebar.
That said, it might be the fastest way to hit cap, but it's not the best... as you end up with not enough bridge officer skill points to build a usable crew, so you may as well keep flying a Miranda, because you won't be able to afford the skills needed to get in to a T5 ship.