Lt. Commander
# 31
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Or u were expecting 50 bucks worth of invincible starship....
For $50, well... ya should be a VERY good ship. This thing costs just as much as the game did at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-01-2012, 10:50 AM
To be fair, $50 is for 3 variants and they are flagships. Not many should be flying them.

As a concession, Cryptic gives us the single variants (which should be all that is required for a normal, specialized player who knows what he wants) for 2000 CP, which is no more expensive than a standard Tier V vessel despite the Odyssey having superior stats.

No one is asking anyone to pay $50 for the Odyssey. It is not required for success and it should be exclusive, being, arguably, a still-experimental flagship. Hence the price.

If unsure about capabilities, get the 2000CP Science version. It's all the Odyssey you'll ever need.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
i can understand the OP, but i do not see any reason to remove them from my garage now that i made the mistake of buying the pack.

i tried the tac version so far and i went back to the ship i had before....

#1 reason: turn rate
#2 reason: turn rate
#3 reason: guess what^^

maybe i´ll give the science variant another try, since i respeced some time ago

if all fails, i still got plenty of space to drop stuff on them...

but yeah: ody-pack == last real money purchase == charging 50 bucks to loose way more in the future
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
So far the only response i got from cryptic is thanking me for making an in game ticket and that my ticket was escalated to the higher tier of support for further review.

Time since ticket was made: 7 days.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Properly equipped. Even the Oddy's with just one special console is a beast to reckon with. They are not and should not be an instant, I win button. You also have to take in account the Weapons, engine , shield and Deflector set used on it. That, your Boff setup and console setup is critical. Even a single Oddy is a really good ship if you have her set up correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teraniku
Properly equipped. Even the Oddy's with just one special console is a beast to reckon with. They are not and should not be an instant, I win button. You also have to take in account the Weapons, engine , shield and Deflector set used on it. That, your Boff setup and console setup is critical. Even a single Oddy is a really good ship if you have her set up correctly.
Met my share of $50 Odysseys in STFs. I liked having them around. The price meant they were only occasionally present which is somewhat correct for a 'flagship' cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelflag View Post
Look, i'm not going to sit here and argue with everyone who wants to talk trash I've said what I have to say and I meant it.
You've said almost nothing. You've created a thread, ranting and raving about how YOU feel that what you purchased is 'worthless'. You loudly play the victim card whilst being unwilling to state WHY you feel that you are the victim. I’m afraid that you’re not going to receive much sympathy/understanding by claiming that anyone who asks why you feel that those ships are worthless is “trash talking”. Frankly, the STO ships are only as good as the person ‘flying’ them. The number of them sitting around Spacedock suggests that they're actually rather popular.

And I don’t see the exigency either - this was hardly an essential purchase, nor was it one that someone forced you to make.

Sorry, but until there is some reasoning behind this I, for one, will simply consider you to be insouciant.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
I want a refund of the 4000 Cpoints i spent on those useless ships. I bought the 3 pack and that was a total joke and they are complete trash. i'm not askin someone to post on here saying its against policy yada yada to give refunds. I'm saying you WILL give me a refund on those pieces of trash or youll never see another cent of my money period. The ships have been deleted from my shipyard so just disable them again on my account or don't i dont care i'll never fly them again but I want my 4000 Cpoints back. I'm not asking for you to send me a check for the $50 i spent but I want those Cpoints back immediately.
i totaly agreen the oddy and bortas are S*** i wasted points on the pack too ;-(
tho no point in complaing in the forums as u can see most of the replys are

u are crap . dont buy it then . etc.....

yea its a mistke u only make once and getting ur points back good luck.

why i dont like the ships.
they are not any better than any other ship in game(only good thing is they have some consoles) the turn rate kills the ship i know they say cus of its size but kar fi is same size as bortasq and handles alot better also has fighters ;-).
i guess if the consoles didnt take up slots then it would have been an ok ship but you can plop better consoles on the ship.

anyway big disapointment for ( new FLAGships) considering they are not much bigger then other ships and handle so bad and also being new tech the flagship ud expect something atleast as good or better than any other ship. but not much u can do aprt from tell as much people as u can how much the flagships suck and hope they dont fall in the trap too.

so if u are thinking of buying bortasq pack dont bother get a karfi or anything else .

ps. my fave ships in game are jem'haddar attack ship , kar'fi and i forget the name the sci ship with repair platform. Qa'plah
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
So far the only response i got from cryptic is thanking me for making an in game ticket and that my ticket was escalated to the higher tier of support for further review.

Time since ticket was made: 7 days.
Well really what did you expect you were a rude little **** in your post, and I'd imagine with how rude you were on the post that your ticket probably wasn't much better. So I'm guessing since you're going on 7+ days that you've put the ticket in that you haven't actually tried the ships anymore to see if once you got over the learning curve for the setup and all that that you like it any better or not.

You keep saying that everyone that is responding to your thread is just "trash talking", well really that is what you did right from the start when you created this thread. Instead of thinking your King **** and your word is from on high, why not actually be helpful and actually list what about the ship you don't like and why. That way if a Dev sees this thread and actually wants to be polite enough to ignore your rudeness they can see what you dislike about it and if it's something mirrored by the other players then they'll go about changing it.

We all hold Cryptic to such high standards because of this being a Star Trek game, but at the same time we have to hold ourselves to the same level of standards when it comes to helping them by letting them know what we think isn't working right/well and what we think could be approved on.

The Biggest issue I've seen people complaining about with it is the turn ratio, but I haven't seen 1 single person mention that Yes the Odyssey is huge, but with it being the most advanced starship ever created that they would have some sort of Advanced Thruster System (A beefed up RCS console unique to the odyessey hence ATS instead of RCS) that would improve the turn rate beyond that of what a simple RCS or stack of RCSs can do.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Due to the discussion within this thread going downhill and with no way for any other user to provide further assistance to the OP; I'm closing this thread down.

• To the OP; you can get some help by submitting a support ticket (click here) in a respectful manner (even if you have already done so, you can try again).

• For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are reported and then simply ignored.

• You are more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic provided that the posts within do not violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies.

• If you feel you need to get in touch with support to discuss the actions taken by any community moderator, you can do so by submitting a support ticket (click here).

Cheers,

Alecto
Closed Thread