Lt. Commander
# 41
03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I know about the Winter event assignments showing up, actually, and put a fix into the pipeline for those yesterday.
So how long do I have to abuse it? until next week's patch?

I like free GPL.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
- Maybe the ability to "draft" sub-white quality DOs in order to make due and attempt missions even without adequate resources.

Let's call these "Red Quality." They come with a +10% chance of failure. Maybe make Pakleds a common form of these. You and Kestrel could write up quotes for them that indicate incompetence, bad attitudes, and a tendency towards accidental deaths. They're basically your "last resort"/"I really want to send warm bodies on this assignment" option. They could have traits like Incompetent and Unlucky. Make them an EC sink. Add assignments where these guys are an asset but in general make them assignment filler.

There could also be Red Quality BOs down the road with some fun mechanics based around them messing up or getting killed. Have accolades associated with them dying A LOT. Things like "Tin-Plated Dictator" as a title. Specific ones by species too so that when your red quality Vulcan dies 10k times, you get the title "Tal Shiar Double Agent" or when you've lost 10k Bajorans, you get a title like "Occupation Overseer."
I almost like that idea. Not enough to want the DO system retooled for them, but it does bring a smile to my face.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
When I find I have too many colonists (or any DOff, for that matter), and they're too worthwhile to show to the airlock (aka Dismiss button), and they discover the interesting world of pattern buffer loops, Relics-style (in other words, I put them in my Mail ).
I ended up beaming my colonists into space as energy (e.g. dismiss). I already mail myself so much stuff to/from other toons that I am absolutely certain I have lost or forgotten something that's in my mail right now. I don't want to compound that problem! :-)

I came to this conclusion last night before I read your post. At some point before I did so, I discovered yet another resettle colonists mission and realized that I was eventually going to end up with so many missions that couldn't complete that it was just best to show the poor colonists the cold and unforgiving transporter dispersal.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
can't you just sell them? :p
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
can't you just sell them? :p
I see little point to doing so. I'm not hurting for, or in need of, EC. Dismissing them gives me a more valuable currency: Dilithium. I use that much more frequently than I do EC. Dismissing also provides Recruitment CXP. As recruitment is among the lowest ranked for my toons, this again is much more valuable to me than EC.