Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
04-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
that minority, is more than minor, hell bran flakes was over 156 to get his, and he's just one notable person. (who would have to chime in here to clarify it if he has it now.) many more have gone hundreds, someone some where totaled his runs to get all of his, and I think, it was a four digit number, if not over.

The fact remains, its way to random and even if it is a minority, they have every right to have that effort pay off as anyone else. btw 150 runs and only 1, speaks to the problem as well, its way to low of a drop rate.

you should take a look at how small the minority is, because i don't think its that minor. More folks are becoming disenchanted with the grind because of this drop rate issue meaning LESS folks doing what little end game we have. Considering how hesitant to make something for a minor game play group they already are, do you want them to stop making end game because its not" Cost effective"?

btw I refuse to even step foot in an stf, why? That drop rate. Sorry, I want to KNOW that at some point I will get the reward for busting my tail. a chance at a chance, is NOT worth the effort it would take.
1000 to get one tech piece? I don't believe it.

150 runs for a luxury item is fine for me and most people have better luck than that. In the meantime there are other things you can get from running STFs: Full sets of mk XII weapons for all your ships, mk XI MACO and Omega Sets, Borg DOffs, and of course dilithium. The way it works is that while you're working on those other things you have a chance of also getting the very rare mk XII gear.

Bottom line is that everyone is putting way too much importance on the damn mk XII sets. There's no reason why you should be guaranteed to get them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
04-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuneli
1000 to get one tech piece? I don't believe it.

150 runs for a luxury item is fine for me and most people have better luck than that. In the meantime there are other things you can get from running STFs: Full sets of mk XII weapons for all your ships, mk XI MACO and Omega Sets, Borg DOffs, and of course dilithium. The way it works is that while you're working on those other things you have a chance of also getting the very rare mk XII gear.

Bottom line is that everyone is putting way too much importance on the damn mk XII sets. There's no reason why you should be guaranteed to get them.
as i said in the other thread... give us the xii uniform unlock in the xi set and then the madness voer the xii droprate will stop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
as i said in the other thread... give us the xii uniform unlock in the xi set and then the madness voer the xii droprate will stop.
Then the XII set is pointless. The whole point of endgame content is to show off your epeen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuneli
Then the XII set is pointless. The whole point of endgame content is to show off your epeen.
people dont want to run another 100 of whatever just on the chance their xii peice will drop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
people dont want to run another 100 of whatever just on the chance their xii peice will drop.
They can run it for all the other rewards and they can run it for dilithium. STFs are still the most efficient way to farm dilithium up to your daily cap last I checked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
04-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuneli
They can run it for all the other rewards and they can run it for dilithium. STFs are still the most efficient way to farm dilithium up to your daily cap last I checked.
Wait, I thought that this was about fixing the prototype salvage issue? Dillitium does not fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
04-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Wait, I thought that this was about fixing the prototype salvage issue? Dillitium does not fix the issue.
The point is that it's not an issue. STFs have other rewards. Prototype Tech is a luxury item. If you want full sets of XII MACO and Omega, then be prepared to do 1000 runs. If you're not prepared to do that, don't complain and be content with your XI gear.

You do not need Prototype Tech.

You are not entitled to Prototype Tech.

And Prototype Tech drop rates are perfectly in line with drop rates of luxury items in other MMOs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
1000 runs


lol to hell with that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
04-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Agreed. I would love to be able to stack huge piles of EDC's on roxy's desk and walk away with a MKXII req.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.