Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey 3 console buff bug.
03-14-2012, 01:25 AM
idk if its a bug but the only bonus that shows up in the ships when using all 3 consoles is turn rate and cooldown not:

It also improves your Starship EPS, Starship Hull Plating, and Starship Armor Reinforcements Skills.

maybe its me or that the bonuses aren't so good as to effect the stats.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I doubt it is bugged that bad.

Can you confirm where it is your looking to see the effects. Is it possible your just looking for the icons to appear when there may not be any at this time or any planned?

I mean 3 icons there all of the time, I don't think that would be good considering how many appear during combat and from doff assignment buffs.

You should check your ships weapon levels and power levels just before adding the 3rd console to see the change.

I'm going to buy the 3 guessing your wrong, if your right I'll come back to this thread to continue figuring it out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Your right.

I now have the Odyssey x 3 and I can't see a change in any stats at all when I remove one of the 3 consoles.

I would also like to add that my free Bortas tanks and dishes out far more DPS than I can get make happen in Odyssey x 3 with a very similar build. Same set, same boffs, same abilities, both Engineer characters with almost the same traits and close to the same specs.

I'm really enjoying the Odyssey. It is fun with all 3 but there are a couple of things that could be improved.

I just don't feel these so called bonuses for spending 4000 credits and using all 3 consoles at the same time. I want to see the effect almost. If they exists hell they are small. I considered that it is maybe because I'm eng and highly specced on the same things that the bonus are meant to improve.

While I'm here...

I recommend anyone who wants to build a sci build not to do so on Odyssey, only an Engineer can have 2 Lt Commander abilities. Get the Ablative Hull monster instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I should be more clear.

I am getting the already mentioned increase in turn rate, that could be just a bit better I think.

Also getting reduction of cooldown on the 3 console abilities. 4 seconds reduced on the bees, again I think that should be about 7-8 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Power transfer rate increases by 12%

The change in stats does not happen straight away, easy to miss that.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Update
04-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Me again

Turn rate and EPS is confirmed to work. Watch EPS for a few seconds, takes that time to change.

What I'm missing is any sign of hull improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 04:19 PM
so the qustion is, is it worth keeping all three consoles or losing one or two for others? such as a second field gen, or armor console?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
It worth keeping the 3 consoles, to get the effects that are prescribed.

As for the Hull improvement, there is no change. Before last patch, have MACO space set Mark XI--which give a Hull number of 55,000+

After the patch and getting the Big O (base 42,000) pack, the number remains at 55,000+