Lt. Commander
# 21
04-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I would remove, completely, each and every ship with Hangars from STO if I could, and never allow any more to be made. I loath Carriers with every fiber of my being.

This is a Star Trek Game, based on the Star Trek shows and the Star Trek movies. Taking this game further from Star Trek and closer to other, more generic Sci-Fi series is the stupidest thing I can possibly think of. And that's exactly what Carriers do.

I don't care if they're the best ships or the worse ships, i don't like them. The integrity of the Star Trek IP is more important to me than any niche interest inspired by other crappy Sci-Fi IPs.
Funny how you're going on like this about something that's been in the game for a very long time when in your signature it has a link called "Don't like lock boxes? Delete them!"

Do you see the irony there?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Do you see the irony there?
No, since the idea behind the statement is that if everyone were to snatch up lock boxes as quickly as they could and simply delete them, there would be no money spent on keys, it would prove a worthless effort to introduce more lock boxes, and then maybe someone would turn their attention to actual content generation instead of C-Store cash grabs.

It's good in theory, not practical in reality. They're totally unrelated concepts, so how is it ironic?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordakar View Post
No, since the idea behind the statement is that if everyone were to snatch up lock boxes as quickly as they could and simply delete them, there would be no money spent on keys, it would prove a worthless effort to introduce more lock boxes, and then maybe someone would turn their attention to actual content generation instead of C-Store cash grabs.

It's good in theory, not practical in reality. They're totally unrelated concepts, so how is it ironic?
Well I didn't think that through, I guess I'm the one with egg on my face. I thought it was one of those "If you don't like it you don't have to do it" things. I guess I should read the thread linked and not just assume things. My bad, I'll take my dunce cap now.