Lt. Commander
So I reached the part where it's an epic battle with the enemy having a Romulan doomsday machine. To my dismay, my entire fleet was wiped out from a giant ray beam of death and I was left alone to fight against that...thing. In a few seconds I exploded with little effort from the enemy of course.

Now the thing is, after sending my ship to its death a couple of times, no reinforcements came. I was told that there were fleet reinforcements whenever they got wiped out, but for some reason I haven't seen them. I tried restarting the game and leaving/re-entering the system. Nothing works, it's just me against this giant death machine.

I guess my only option at this point is to try to get a high level to help me out against this impossible crap, but this is one hell of a bug for me. Any other suggestions to try to fix it?

EDIT: The issue was fixed when I formed a team with someone and we warped back in. The battle actually reseted and we managed to take down all the Romulan ships, thus completing the mission. So I guess this post is more of just being informative (maybe) instead of asking for help at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2012, 04:56 AM
It's the Thaleron pulse. It's absolute murder normally. To the point that it was actually a centerpiece of Khitomer Accord's final boss fight. As to it wiping out the entire fleet in one fell swoop? It's supposed to be capable of that, though the last time I ran this I was actually surprised by how little use it got, I think it fired off once or twice.

Anyway, in the future if an instance like this gets completely borked for you, just leave it for about 15 minutes. That should be enough time for the instance to reset, and any instance specific bug should be cleared. Note that that's 15 minutes real time, so you can get off line and do something, or go someplace else for a bit, clear out your inventory, whatever. IIRC it actually clears and resets in 10 minutes, but if you screw it up and come in at 9:59, it will reset the whole thing, forcing you to wait another 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierius
reseted
In a random pedantic bit (and assuming English isn't your native language): with "reset" there is no conjugation, any tense needs to be carried on a pronoun, ie: "was reset" or "will be reset". If English is your native language, never mind me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
That THING is impossible to damage in my current ship (I can't breach its shields) im going back when I upgrade to something stronger
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Happened to me, too.
At some point during that last fight a big part of the fleet that was supposed to cover me just flew off and disappeared, and the few ships that stayed were quickly distroyed by the big ship, so I had to fight alone which is impossible. And I don't mean "It's impossible unless you have at least that weapon", I mean absolutely impossible!
After resetting the mission, the fleet stayed so we could defeat that thing.

I guess it's just an AI bug. The ships get out of battle during the fight, and they're scripted to leave if that happens.
There're some AI bugs like this in the game. Look forward to the mission in the Caves of Fire.