Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhamaya
Yes, and they are most probably pretending to be Swedish...

When asked who they are, they can then put on a Swedish accent and say:

"We Are Borg" :p


"We are Chef of Borg. Meatballs are futile. Borg Borg Borg."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm confused. Did the OP say the Brog Cube fixed his butt? How does that work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
04-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I'm confused. Did the OP say the Brog Cube fixed his butt? How does that work?
proctology is irrelevant


Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
"We are Chef of Borg. Meatballs are futile. Borg Borg Borg."
meatballs are irrelevant


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
Is anyone taking note of their speed when they get one shotted?
comparative velocity is irrelevant


ok i was being a little silly here but in all seriousness it matters not one jot how fast you are going, i did test this hypothesis over a few days in game with my big old Odyssey cruiser in tank mode and my Galaxy X in tank mode totally static (still) with power to shields on my Engineer toon along with a few people i know that roll as tanks full time (all with variations on Omega and MACO gear XI & XII) and after a couple of days play we can safely say...

....yea speed is irrelevant ....even with all power to shields and essentially spamming eng and sci buffs we got ripped a new one by stealth torps from full hull and shields to zero.

this really needs fixed and soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post

ok i was being a little silly here but in all seriousness it matters not one jot how fast you are going, i did test this hypothesis over a few days in game with my big old Odyssey cruiser in tank mode and my Galaxy X in tank mode totally static (still) with power to shields on my Engineer toon along with a few people i know that roll as tanks full time (all with variations on Omega and MACO gear XI & XII) and after a couple of days play we can safely say...

....yea speed is irrelevant ....even with all power to shields and essentially spamming eng and sci buffs we got ripped a new one by stealth torps from full hull and shields to zero.

this really needs fixed and soon.
I've never been taken 100 to 0 in my Sci Odyssey, even in an Elite STF. The only way that seems to happen is if my facing shield is already in the red.

How does this happen to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
Is anyone taking note of their speed when they get one shotted?

Keep in mind your defense is DRASTICALLY reduced when you're travelling at lower speeds, ergo, you take MUCH more dmg. Again, I run elite STFs all the time and the only time I don't get the bonus mission done is if A) there isn't enough dps to beat the timer or B) some ignorant ahole decides to blow up a cube in The Cure / a generator in Infected / or a gate in KA.

Other than that I survive just fine... and I'm a tank cruiser so I'm the player all the mobs are attacking 95% of the time.

I don't understand why everyone is whining so much.
This is exactly my experience. If you're getting 1 shot in a cruiser, you're not playing/building it right (at least for a tank build).

If you're getting 1 shot in an escort....DUH! You're an escort -- the glass cannon of STO. Of course you get 1 shot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
04-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Well I guess the stf's will be a no go area for me until they fix the shield console they broke
Even when the Field Generator was 35% instead of 18% now, I was still getting destroyed by Borg all the time, their torps do too much damage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I'm confused. Did the OP say the Brog Cube fixed his butt? How does that work?
Fixed thread title and moved thread to "Gameplay Bugs" section of the forum.

It will help QA if players can bug report while the Borg Cubes are on screen; give a detailed description of the problem and report back to this thread with a ticket number and further helpful info.

If QA can replicate a bug they can get it fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
04-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuneli
I've never been taken 100 to 0 in my Sci Odyssey, even in an Elite STF. The only way that seems to happen is if my facing shield is already in the red.

How does this happen to you?

.
being a cheapskate and not particularly interested in the Odyssey as a ship i stick to my freebie vanilla Odyssey
it has been established that the Sci Odyssey is far and away the most powerful of the three in the pack both offensively and defensibly when equipped and geared for STF combat, perhaps thats why
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM
proceeds to plant the flag of ownership on Elite_Tactical_Cube's corpse
[ :p ]
|
|
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.