Lt. Commander
# 1 Heretic: Rotgut and Grass
04-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Heretic, nice to see you in DoffJobs last night - thanks for answering our questions.

You mentioned that you are working on uses for our Rotugt and grass, and some ideas hit me:

If I were the Federation or the KDF, I would want to develop diplomatic ties with some of the minority species of the GQ, so I could keep my intelligence up to date on Dominion activities.

Assignment: Establish Intelligence Network in the Gamma Quadrant

A new assignment chain, primarily exploration, diplomatic, and espionage. The rotgut and grass and indeed all the GQ commods could be useds to bribe, host diplo events, etc. Make it a good long chain - like Ghosts, at least - heck, it could even branch.

The end loot could be a "spy network" in the GQ, First time finishing could be a unique VR GQ doff. Make it necessary in the repeatable to repeat multiple steps, like Children's Toys, because it takes several contacts to convince someone to become a spy for you - and have the repeatable rare or very rare GQ doffs.

A thought just before I click submit is that it could branch to different branches of espionage, military, industrial, scientific, etc, and the "spy" that you get at the end could be from a discipline related to the nature of their espionage.

Another thought, just before I clicked submit was that you could even use prototype turret blueprints to bribe - it adds a dimension of questioning how far one might go . . .
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
How about just smoke the grass and drink the rotgut? Sounds like a par-tay!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Risking the "faux pas to bump your own thread" accusations . . .

You specifically asked us to give you some suggestions.

Other than one handmade doff, this seems pretty simple to do.

Or were you looking for something completely different?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 11:58 AM
There are some cool ideas here, in fact. While we work on a longer term solution, the first thing I am going to do is improve the items themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There are some cool ideas here, in fact. While we work on a longer term solution, the first thing I am going to do is improve the items themselves.
Sounds good

And I know it isn't completely up to you or nearly what you asked, but we have these shuttles sitting in our hangers, too - I really wouldn't mind doing some non-combat missions with my Admiral that are dependent on outcomes of DO assignments or visa versa.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Sounds like an excuse for another tribble.. the 'Changeling' tribble, that randomly morphs into a different Very Rare Tribble when you use it, (or turns into a hand full of goo...)

Though integrating Bartender and Chef assignments with Gamma Quadrant exploration would sound interesting. Inter-galactic diplomacy based on the exchange of rare cuisine and recreational drinks...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Sounds like an excuse for another tribble.. the 'Changeling' tribble, that randomly morphs into a different Very Rare Tribble when you use it, (or turns into a hand full of goo...)

Though integrating Bartender and Chef assignments with Gamma Quadrant exploration would sound interesting. Inter-galactic diplomacy based on the exchange of rare cuisine and recreational drinks...
Cultural exchanges are a prerequisite to peaceful relations between civilizations.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari_Ken View Post
Cultural exchanges are a prerequisite to peaceful relations between civilizations.
Plus historically, rare herbs and spices where the first major commodities used for trans-oceanic merchant trade...