Lt. Commander
# 1 Utopia Planitia - Foundry Map.
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
BUG: Assets/Backdrop missing/messed up.

- When previewing the map, there is no 'exterior' backdrop (planet/stars etc) and no way to put one in.

- The Holoship display shows every holo ship at once.

- No doors are present in the corridor from Transporter Room.

- Glass doors to Conference Room do not open.

- Turbolifts to the left and right of Transporter Room are 'missing' (ie. doors do not open) (not really a bug, but still)

CATEGORY :
Map Editor

How to reproduce
Create new map, Use Utopia Planitia, preview map.

Commentary
This may be all be sorted once the mission is published, but unable to see the final results. Also, there are no 'exterior' space backdrops available when creating an interior map.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Small addendum.

It is possible to add Interior Sky Stars 01 to the map for something outside the windows, however, the exterior parts of the map (Drydocks/Station Arms) look 'flat' textured and awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightySpud View Post
BUG: Assets/Backdrop missing/messed up.

- When previewing the map, there is no 'exterior' backdrop (planet/stars etc) and no way to put one in.

- The Holoship display shows every holo ship at once.

- No doors are present in the corridor from Transporter Room.

- Glass doors to Conference Room do not open.

- Turbolifts to the left and right of Transporter Room are 'missing' (ie. doors do not open) (not really a bug, but still)

CATEGORY :
Map Editor

How to reproduce
Create new map, Use Utopia Planitia, preview map.

Commentary
This may be all be sorted once the mission is published, but unable to see the final results. Also, there are no 'exterior' space backdrops available when creating an interior map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Sooooooo, the first new Foundry map in months, and its rubbish.

It should be noted though that using backgrounds from Starbase 39 or 24 you can at least get a good space background. Now it isn't Mars, but you could at least use it as another shipyard of your own invention. Also it makes the starbase and shipyard geometry outside the window go sort of gray and faded.

Oh and for kicks: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/upbug1.jpg/

Don't worry, it isn't a bug, it's the new design for the Enterprise G!

Jokes and bugs aside. Cryptic, thank you for taking the time to add this to the Foundry, now won't you please add Bajor, new ESD, new Vulcan Space, Klingon and Starfleet Academies and the new First City into the Foundry? Pretty Please?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Nah, it's the Fed Carrier :-P

Anywho, these things aren't really dealbreakers for me if I'm honest, just a little annoying as it generally is a really nice map with plenty of 'doors' to go other places (maybe using all the different Fed interiors to simulate a much larger facility, just an idea I had)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Or a variant for the T5 Connie!

I wouldn't say those are deal breakers for me either, I like it overall and I'm thrilled its in the Foundry. In fact I think i'm going to use this as a starbase in my next mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Yup, I'm planning on using it for something in my first (and probably only) Foundry creation.

Adding the Sky Traffic asset gives it a nice touch too fyi.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
The Trimble background looks pretty cool here, as it gives a Saturn looking planet out the windows, but this still doesn't help with the grey outlines of the space stations and shipyards. We should have a background with Mars. Not sure why Mars isn't just a part of the map like Earth is a part of the ESD map.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I wish they'd have just deleted the glass doors to the conference rooms. Then, at least, the map would be usable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 12:56 AM
its rather sad the map is is such a bad state. remove the doors, remove the hollow ships (or if possible tag each ship as a unique item and let us pick which one we want, or even use in other maps.

either fix the space background or leave it as a star field at worst case.

i understand this was probably a last minute choice to add it but there is not a massive point in having the map if every aspect of it makes it useless.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 05:29 AM
As cool as Utopia Planitia is on the inside, it's the view out the windows that makes it something other than just another room with consoles. Also, give us the special doors that we can put in ourselves, and give us something to do with the sliding glass doors. I'm thankful for the map but it needs fixed. Some kind of word that that will happen would be appreciated. Then of course, we're still waiting for a door for the Odyssey's ready room, and we actually paid money for that...