Lt. Commander
The old loot drop icons were better. They didn't need to be flashy in order to convey the relevant information - big ones were rarer drops and the bright gold color meant it was yours. The new loot drops hardly have any color variation between the ones that are yours and the ones that belong to other people. They are strangely shaped and I have no idea what type of item it is until I actually pick it up.

I'm not saying that you need to change it back, but do something to make the types and ownership of the loot drops more apparent.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
hmmm... your loot-container is gold coloured with flashy sidebars (in the color of the loot - green, blue, purple), the others are gray. ok, you cant determine the sort of the loot any longer by the shape of its container - but who cares about this? you collect it anyway i like the new ones
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I like them as well, never really liked the glowy yellow orb things :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
one bug i found is that some loot boxes are purple but there is no purple loot in there
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I agree.
Especially on ground I cant make out which container is mine.
Have to run around and try&error to find it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I like the new ones as well really. At least they look like an actual container that floats around in space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 07:07 AM
I think they look good but so far I have found it difficult to differentiate what each drop is. I am sure I will get used to it once I have played a bit more. The old ones were very clear but I am quite happy to take a bit of time getting used to a new, less garish set.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I have no complaints with the new loot icons, I'll admit that this is something that didn't really need to be changed but the new icons still look cool, as for the complaint that you can't tell which drops are yours, well maybe they should put a flashing beacon on the icon that only the loot owner can see.
I realize that some players style is to kill everything then go back later for the loot and determining whats your's in a large group could be more complicated but really, how long does it take to hit the f key and just pick it up as it drops?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentum
I agree.
Especially on ground I cant make out which container is mine.
Have to run around and try&error to find it.
Seconded. They all look the same color to me. Considering my camera view is a tad higher than most, I hadn;t even seen the color coded colors mentions up above.

Must be nice having 20/20 vision. You young people today.