Lt. Commander
I have been asking around about the Foundry, and people have been telling that it has been mentioned on a podcast show. However, what Podcast show?

Are we suppose to just know what Podcast show to watch? Also, why do we have to go to a third party person to get official information about Star Trek Online?

I do not want to join another players website, I just want reliable information about the product I pay for.

I am not interested in someones delusions of grandeur.

I have been checking the Foundry area regularly, and have not seen anything posted there in a long time. So, I decided to put a post on the regular general discussion area to find out.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 11:25 AM
What is going on...as in...what?

Updates?
Contests?
Bug fixes?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
1: The foundry is given very little support or info from Cryptic

2: most info about it can be found at http://starbaseugc.com/ which is info by players for players
(Includes links to youtube tutorials also)

You may alse be dissapointed to know that just like most MMO games most info and guides about the game is from 3rd partys usually dedicated players....in STO's case stowiki contains way more info than anything cryptic have put out.
MMO's often want the players to discover the details for themselves, rather than the game maker holding your hand throughout.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
StarbaseUGC is the podcast that focuses the most on the Foundry. STOked and Quantumcafe likes to talk to the Foundry quite a bit.

Quote:
Also, why do we have to go to a third party person to get official information about Star Trek Online?
That is the unfortunate truth. The recent EVA suit fiasco, many people got word of the free EVA suits from the podcasts, after the fact. And Cryptic really does nothing but say "sorry". Even the European event, came out of the blue too, if it wasn't for the accolade poping up as soon as you log in, you wouldn't even know what was going on.

So Cryptic's promotion team really should focus better in getting the word out in the game itself.

I'm sure people will say "well there is the calander", which I would reply, "keep looking at a blank page long enough, you won't go back to that page". Meaning the calander is mostly empty and they pop these new events out of the blue, you wouldn't know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
There's the STOFFC#2 going on right now... there are people posting every day over in that section of the forums.

Course, the tutorial videos are links to youtube of third party tuts...

I know it's light on love, but it's fun to dork around with - really wish there were more written tuts - I just can't listen to those SBUGC tuts... but still, it's fun to dork around with.

This thread will probably get moved over to the Foundry forums... oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Prob STOked.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Thank you...
04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Okay so we have to either go to StarbaseUGC, STOked, or Quantumcafe.

I will probably have to go to StarbaseUGC, since I am boycotting STOked.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
StarbaseUGC is the podcast that focuses the most on the Foundry. STOked and Quantumcafe likes to talk to the Foundry quite a bit.

That is the unfortunate truth. The recent EVA suit fiasco, many people got word of the free EVA suits from the podcasts, after the fact. And Cryptic really does nothing but say "sorry". Even the European event, came out of the blue too, if it wasn't for the accolade poping up as soon as you log in, you wouldn't even know what was going on.

So Cryptic's promotion team really should focus better in getting the word out in the game itself.

I'm sure people will say "well there is the calander", which I would reply, "keep looking at a blank page long enough, you won't go back to that page". Meaning the calander is mostly empty and they pop these new events out of the blue, you wouldn't know.
Well, the Dev blogs told you all about the events. I do agree though that people that do not visit the website or forums frequently need better ways to keep up. Why donīt they use that fancy bulletin system they already have ingame ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Well, the Dev blogs told you all about the events. I do agree though that people that do not visit the website or forums frequently need better ways to keep up. Why donīt they use that fancy bulletin system they already have ingame ?
I honestly didn't see that information when I read it.

And not sure why they don't use that system, then again it was annoying when it did work. All they have to do is put somekind of Event Indicator flashing on the UI someplace, like you have lights flashing with DOFF mission completions or Mailbox notification.