Lt. Commander
# 1 Additions to character creator
04-04-2012, 01:47 PM
well this one idea i had got me thinking, how about these additions to the character creator.

Face paint/more face designs - What made me think of this is the omega force outfit without the helmet, having some camo face paint or something would look great with this and give you a more soldier kind of look if thats what kind of character your going for. could also have some other things here as well such as war paints from different cultures, eye black(the stuff you seen worn by athletes under their eyes to reduce glare of the sun, would be good for combat) and just things like this. to keep it from being abused, limit the colours and make it only available with a full ground STF set or in off duty outfits.

Headgear - one thing IMO this game, and star trek was lacking was headgear, i understand not wearing hats on the ship during normal duties, but maybe a peaked cap or good ol bicorne for mess dress(white tie equivalent, most formal thing you can wear) and maybe a beret for ground missions and wear off the ship at a station or visiting a planet, maybe also a simple head band or something for use during combat to keep sweat off the eyes.
Yes i know headgear in star trek isnt exactly canon, but just a few simple pieces would be realistic, just because we didnt see it in a show or movie, starfleet probably does have some uniforms with headgear, just as we have a lot of current militaries still having some uniforms although rarely in use still use bicornes and such.

Accolades - the ablitie to wear some of your accolades on your uniform, or maybe make new ones for ust the starfleet medals and be able to wear those with only certain uniform(VA coat, the dress uniform you get from diplomacy) would make it more formal if your going for that look, one thing i would love to see happen but i know wont would be a cutlass option for a dress uniform, thats just wishfull thinking though. Possibly have some Aiguillettes as well?

More jacket options, well current day navies have so many options when it comes to jackets, starfleet would probably keep some of these as tradition, and would be rarely used only for dress and ground missions, but what about a great coat or a boat cloak? or atleast another form of admiral coat.

Ranks - although this was not seen too much in the later series of star trek, maybe have a few jackets wih the ranks on the sleeves and the shoulders. i prefer this a lot and its not like starfleet woudlnt have maybe one or two of these uniforms around.

Badges/emblems - we already have emblems now for fleets, why not put them to good use, have different ones you can earn in different ways and have some career specific, like maybe a sci or a tac could get a combat medic one, or after getting a STF accolade you get an Omega force badge to put on your arm, and maybe be allowed to wear two or three.

i know some of these ideas wont go over too well with some of you and some will like them, but im just throwing it up for feedback although some of it is wishful thinking, although i think some is realistic too. so no trolling please just consructive feedback and more ideas and i do apologize for my english
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
An Omega Force badge, and maybe a patch, would be awesome. In fact I'm surprised there isn't one. Would be nice to have on my Captain and Boffs.

I really would like to see more Jupiter-style uniforms, maybe open jacket or something showcasing cloth tech. More accessory options would be great too. And what about Kit visuals being integrated into character customization?

I mean, look at this tactical kit! It looks AMAZING like this! But it's Mk VII or VIII if I recall...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
An Omega Force badge, and maybe a patch, would be awesome. In fact I'm surprised there isn't one. Would be nice to have on my Captain and Boffs.

I really would like to see more Jupiter-style uniforms, maybe open jacket or something showcasing cloth tech. More accessory options would be great too. And what about Kit visuals being integrated into character customization?

I mean, look at this tactical kit! It looks AMAZING like this! But it's Mk VII or VIII if I recall...
i agree with the kits, espcially for admirals ad bridge officers, looks more classy and useful just having a belt and maybe a pistol holster on the leg, i did read somewhere we will soon be able to pick and choose ou kits though, like mix and match what abilites we want, im not sure if this is true, but glad you like some ideas!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Accolade patches would be sweet.

The enterprise costume set has the extra badges(i.e the other arm so it doesnt interfere with your fleet patch)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Accolade patches would be sweet.

The enterprise costume set has the extra badges(i.e the other arm so it doesnt interfere with your fleet patch)
i think they could make some good money off this too, if they released a c store pack which included some of those idea there like the accolades ribbons and badges on the arm etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
also when you unlock the diplomatic uniform for getting your diplomacy to T4, can you put that uni on your BOFFs too?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 03:26 AM
cool idea - let us put our admiral coats on our bridge officers, i know they are not admirals, but not even all the NPC who wear it are admirals either.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
hey just looking for an answer atleast about if you can put the diplo uniform on your BOFFs and please discuss about the OP