Lt. Commander
# 1 Let's Talk Consoles
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey everyone wanted to see what you all think about how useful the bellow consoles are and what everyone uses the most on there ships.

Console - Science - Shield Emitter Amplifier

Console - Engineering - Field Emitter

Console - Science - Power Insulator

Console - Tactical - Warhead Yield Chamber

Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator

Console - Tactical - Phaser Relay

Console - Engineering - Emergency Force Fields

So please reply what you all think about these...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 02:20 PM
For what ship ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Shield Emitter Amplifier - Useful on every ship. I feel as though it has replaced the Field Generator
Field Emitter - Worthless. The stat is too low, and Cryptic said they want it to stay that way, since there is too much power out there
Power Insulator - Not worth it. The stat isn't bad, but at the moment, just some points in the skill on your tree are all you need
Warhead Yield Chamber - Worthless. Most ships don't run all projectiles, and if they do, they are all of 1 type or they aren't meant to deal damage (chronitions, mines, etc.)
EPS Flow Regulator - Still a fan. Nice to have when charging into battle, but more of a personal preference.
Phaser Relay - Key if you run Phaser weapons, pointless if you don't
Emergency Force Fields - I'm convinced that crew is still bugged, in that torps are only supposed to take out 20 crew (or 20%, whichever is lesser), but I lose a lot of my crew in PvE against Klinks in SB24. Plus, when you die, you lose all/most of your crew.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
Shield Emitter Amplifier - Useful on every ship. I feel as though it has replaced the Field Generator
Field Emitter - Worthless. The stat is too low, and Cryptic said they want it to stay that way, since there is too much power out there
Power Insulator - Not worth it. The stat isn't bad, but at the moment, just some points in the skill on your tree are all you need
Warhead Yield Chamber - Worthless. Most ships don't run all projectiles, and if they do, they are all of 1 type or they aren't meant to deal damage (chronitions, mines, etc.)
EPS Flow Regulator - Still a fan. Nice to have when charging into battle, but more of a personal preference.
Phaser Relay - Key if you run Phaser weapons, pointless if you don't
Emergency Force Fields - I'm convinced that crew is still bugged, in that torps are only supposed to take out 20 crew (or 20%, whichever is lesser), but I lose a lot of my crew in PvE against Klinks in SB24. Plus, when you die, you lose all/most of your crew.
Thanks for the feedback, what's the most commonly used by everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbongrip
Thanks for the feedback, what's the most commonly used by everyone.
Probably anti-proton mag regulator. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 04:47 AM
You got no armour consoles in there at all.

Neutronium is an 18% resist to everything.
Electroceramic is 35% vs Plasma and Tetryon.

I use both on multiple ships just not together.

The Assimilated Borg Console is an awesome console for many ships.

But with no context of ship or it's purpose it's hard to recommend anything.

+26% Energy consoles for what ever your chosen weapon is would be a good start for any ship. Antiproton, Polaron and Tetryon seem to be the most popular energy types right now.

Phased Polaron is very popular choice ATM.

Edit: Disclaimer all console stats are based on Mk 11 Rare.