Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Voyager Bundle Pack
04-07-2012, 11:54 AM
After seeing the magnificent work done on the DS9 Bundle Pack, I have to ask, will we see a Voyager Bundle Pack?

It would be nice to have the proper
Bridge.
Engineering
Science Lab
Sick Bay
Transporter Room
Mess Hall
Ready Room
Conference Room
Captain's Quarters
It would also be nice for the whole crew to wear VOY uniforms.

The bundle could come with the Admiral Janeway's Shuttle (Interior)

As well as the Admirals Variant and Dress Uniforms from that time.

And perhaps a Very Rare Talaxian Chef duty officer and a Very Rare Ocampan Nurse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Ex-Astris-Scientia.org doesn't like hotlinking.
You might link to the proper page directly, or re-host the images using imgur.com or something similar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmomo
Ex-Astris-Scientia.org doesn't like hotlinking.
You might link to the proper page directly, or re-host the images using imgur.com or something similar.
Ah, yes. Thanks, I fixed it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I quite agree that we need both TNG and Voyager Packages that include proper, complete interiors.

Though to be honest, I'd rather have Astrometrics in lieu of the science lab.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmomo
I quite agree that we need both TNG and Voyager Packages that include proper, complete interiors.

Though to be honest, I'd rather have Astrometrics in lieu of the science lab.
You see, I was thinking that. But my instincts are telling me that cryptic might screw up the big screen. Nonetheless I'd love to see that in the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil321 View Post
You see, I was thinking that. But my instincts are telling me that cryptic might screw up the big screen. Nonetheless I'd love to see that in the ship.
Pessimistically speaking, I'd have to agree with your concerns.
Optimistically, however, if they got it right, it might be the first step to better bridge viewscreens.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmomo
Optimistically, however, if they got it right, it might be the first step to better bridge viewscreens.
If they got it right, I'd probably scream like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. That's how excited I would be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil321 View Post
If they got it right, I'd probably scream like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. That's how excited I would be.
I have to admit, they already got 'my' ship with the Defiant bridge and interior set. My squee'ing was spent at that point.
That having been said, if they got the Intrepid right, I'd certainly be in a celebratory mood.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil321 View Post
After seeing the magnificent work done on the DS9 Bundle Pack, I have to ask, will we see a Voyager Bundle Pack?

It would be nice to have the proper
Bridge.
Engineering
Science Lab
Sick Bay
Transporter Room
Mess Hall
Ready Room
Conference Room
Captain's Quarters
It would also be nice for the whole crew to wear VOY uniforms.

The bundle could come with the Admiral Janeway's Shuttle (Interior)

As well as the Admirals Variant and Dress Uniforms from that time.

And perhaps a Very Rare Talaxian Chef duty officer and a Very Rare Ocampan Nurse.
Actually, I'd include the Delta Flyer, and Provisional Officer Rank insignias once they are available, in the pack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I currently fly an Odyssey due to its hull strength and BOFF station mix, but I absolutely ADORE the Intrepid-class. I would love to see a Voyager bundle pack!

I definitely agree that Admiral Janeway's SC4 shuttlecraft should be included, as well as VOY/DS9 uniforms, Maquis provisional ranks and the Talaxian / Ocampan DOffs (although the latter could be downgraded to Rare quality instead)

As for the interior, I believe Cryptic should consider overhauling their current method of generating rooms and corridors inside of the ship. I've outlined a number of points in another topic, but I'll summarise them here and describe how this would apply to a Voyager interior pack.

Relative deck locations of rooms

For realism and authenticity, rooms should be located on the appropriate decks. Based on the Memory Alpha article on the Intrepid-class:

  • Deck 1 - Bridge, Ready Room, Briefing Room, Turbolift
  • Deck 2 - Mess Hall, Turbolift
  • Deck 3 - Captain's Quarters, Turbolift
  • Deck 4 - Transporter Room, Turbolift
  • Deck 5 - Sickbay, Turbolift
  • Deck 6 - Holodecks, Turbolift
  • Deck 8 - Astrometrics, Science Lab, Turbolift
  • Deck 10 - Shuttle Bay, Turbolift
  • Deck 11 - Engineering, Turbolift

Obviously, the current menu for the generic three-deck ship interior would need to be revised to cater for the additional decks. Perhaps a LCARS pop up with deck number buttons and accompanying description for each deck?

Generating interiors on-the-fly using trees, nodes and room properties

Rather than having Cryptic labouriously craft each deck manually, the relationship between rooms, corridors and junctions could be stored in a tree structure, which each element as a node. This system would permit future ship interiors / Foundry missions that simply reuse rooms / corridors of existing ships.

Using the turbolift as the "trunk" of the tree, we initially branch out to different deck corridor layouts, with each having doors that are either static dummies or lead to the aforementioned rooms.

As a (silly) example, Deck 8 may open out into a I-shaped corridor with a total of six doors (one at each end and two on each side). The turbolift, astrometrics and science lab could be specified to be located at doors 1, 5 and 6 with the rest being dummy doors.


For simplicity, the bridge, ready room and conference room could remain as part of a single deck level map.

BOff / DOff contact locations

Ideally, contacts for DOff missions should be based on our Bridge Officers. Their locations can then be programmed into various rooms. Said locations and appearances would then override the generic defaults

Assigning BOff locations on bridge

It would be fun to allow player captains to be able to specify on-the-fly who sits at which station.

Warp core ejection

Another fun gimmick, since this is a fairly often occurrence in VOY episodes. Could also include a hidden "reset" functionality.

Availability in Foundry

Along with the Defiant interior, I'd love to see this being made available in the Foundry.



Hopefully I haven't terrified you all with my ideas!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.