Lt. Commander
# 31
04-07-2012, 01:20 AM
I know, how about this: "premades" will stop queuing for PvP when pugs stop queuing for STFs without knowing what to do before hand.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
And what's your excuse when some of us from opvp just wind up happily teamed by random chance and you get roflstomped 15-0?

Or just One Opvper is on the other team against your carebear rpers? And you get stomped 15-0?

This happens regularly in sto when I que. Rather than cry, about how unfair it is that people that know the game and know each other can and will roflstomp you one, how about you learn how to play, stop using boarding party, jam sensors, aux to battery, and aceton field.

STO is a very strange duck. It's quite possibly the only pc game I play where repeatedly it's demonstrated that people that just flat out refuse to learn come in to pvp and expect to win. And then they cry about it on the forum as if there was anything cryptic could do to alleviate the problem.

Hell, I've been in pug groups that have stomped alleged premades silly 15-0. Had it happen multiple times actually in the last few days.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I find most of the time it's not an issue, maybe it's my time zone, I'm not sure. But I've had a bit of a rage/cry about bad pugs or being roflstomped by a premade in OPVP and had a team invite a few times now. Just find some good wingmen. See what you can learn, or join a fleet that PVPs often, or just get in OPVP and see if you can fly with some people who know what they're doing. Most folks in OPVP don't bite.

Rather than taking an attitude of "Premades ruined my fun", why not think "That premade was good, I'm going to have to up my game!" and start one yourself? Of course a queue system that supported pitting opponents of equal capability against eachother would be good, but the playerbase isn't PvPing enough to support this currently.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
STO is a very strange duck. It's quite possibly the only pc game I play where repeatedly it's demonstrated that people that just flat out refuse to learn come in to pvp and expect to win. And then they cry about it on the forum as if there was anything cryptic could do to alleviate the problem.
Cryptic decided to make this game for care bears, despite the fact that most trekkies are not, and that's what care bears do. Stahl himself was too care bear for Zynga of all things.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Both starfleet and the KDF are disciplined militaries.
so heres a radical suggestion.

The computer then MATCHES you with comparable force.

so for example team one is a Captain three Lt commanders and a Lt
Team two is the SAME mix.

You do not get to choose team members (the military does not like people fighting private wars)
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Cryptic decided to make this game for care bears, despite the fact that most trekkies are not, and that's what care bears do. Stahl himself was too care bear for Zynga of all things.
Actually scratch that it's the only game on both console and pc I play where this kind of junk happens repeatedly.

Just once I'd like to take one of the OPs that make these threads along for a ride, both on vent and in a team, so they can see just why it is their builds, and the builds of the average rper fails so hard.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
man saw great flick again reminded me greatly of this. did agent smith use hi op 10000 man agents squad to fight neo at the end of matrix 3? no, he wanted a good fight didnt care if he won or lost, he 1v1d him

just a lil 2 cents. dont use your op, fight the good fight
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
man saw great flick again reminded me greatly of this. did agent smith use hi op 10000 man agents squad to fight neo at the end of matrix 3? no, he wanted a good fight didnt care if he won or lost, he 1v1d him

omg did you just reference the matrix?

/threadkill
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe

but wasnt it in the second one where he did have the army of smiths go at him unfairly?