http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...ite-force-iii/
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Done and done. I loved those games!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 06:58 PM
as much as I would love a new EF, I seriously doubt it's ever going to happen. Activision no longer holds a Star Trek license, I'm pretty sure EFII was their last title, they've even said they have no desire to make another Trek game for any platform. Unfortunately, they still retain the copyright and TM on their Trek titles, so no one else can make sequels. It's the same reason there isn't ever going to be an official Armada III or a Bridge Commander II, and why Cryptic had to rename the Starfleet Elite Force STF set to the MACO set before it went live.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
as much as I would love a new EF, I seriously doubt it's ever going to happen. Activision no longer holds a Star Trek license, I'm pretty sure EFII was their last title, they've even said they have no desire to make another Trek game for any platform. Unfortunately, they still retain the copyright and TM on their Trek titles, so no one else can make sequels. It's the same reason there isn't ever going to be an official Armada III or a Bridge Commander II, and why Cryptic had to rename the Starfleet Elite Force STF set to the MACO set before it went live.
This.

EF was a great series, the gameplay concepts were well executed. Let the series die an honorable death instead of having 101 crappy re-hashes for sequels like what happened with other franchises.

(For instance, Homeworld the original was the best due to its 'space simulator' feel. Cataclysm and 2 were arcadish jokes that I refuse to play without extensive modding.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
Activision no longer holds a Star Trek license, I'm pretty sure EFII was their last title, they've even said they have no desire to make another Trek game for any platform.
Even if they had the desire, their lawsuit burned every bridge in the matter. CBS will never let them near the IP again after all the lies and borderline slander that Activision pumped into the gaming press.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Done and also mentioned about bridge commander 2.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Activision won't release something they know won't sell very well. They're dumping all of their monies into Call of Duty and all of its evil spawn. oh, and WoW.