Lt. Commander
# 51
04-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Even though I have the c-points to buy an Odyssey, the fact that it costs 2,000 c-p is preventing me from making a purchase. Cryptic did a pretty neat job in designing these ships, but the price of them are way-way out in left field. Unfortunately we cannot use them to level up, for their usefulness would have been worth the price. Charging 2,000 c-points for an endgame ship is too steep.

Too bad they were exempt from this sale.

Since there is nothing we can do about the issue, unable to convince Perfect World to put them up on sale, the only other solution is to pretend the Odyssey does not exist.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive
Even though I have the c-points to buy an Odyssey, the fact that it costs 2,000 c-p is preventing me from making a purchase. Cryptic did a pretty neat job in designing these ships, but the price of them are way-way out in left field. Unfortunately we cannot use them to level up, for their usefulness would have been worth the price. Charging 2,000 c-points for an endgame ship is too steep.

Too bad they were exempt from this sale.

Since there is nothing we can do about the issue, unable to convince Perfect World to put them up on sale, the only other solution is to pretend the Odyssey does not exist.
Many people like myself do not like how the game design allows us to level up so quickly.

The problem has always been that it only takes a week to level up and get to the end game.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
They miss out on all possible sales of lower tier ships with the extreme rush to 50 once people realise how short the journey to the next tier actually is.
But I wont tell'em - cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Loved being able to get to the shipyards! Bit bummed that instead of a cool accolade and title i just got a pet. Can i swap? I am an accolade ***** after all. Anyway - nice event!
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I hate asking this, but the C-Store doesn't specifically mention it:

I want to buy the TOS Bundle. It says to log on to the character I've selected on the c-store site in order to claim it. Does that mean the bundle is character-specific, and not account-specific? I wanted to use the TOS bridge for most of my alts.

Thanks for your help in advance. Many c-store points hang in the balance!
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post

I want to buy the TOS Bundle. It says to log on to the character I've selected on the c-store site in order to claim it. Does that mean the bundle is character-specific, and not account-specific? I wanted to use the TOS bridge for most of my alts.

If you click on the bundle on the website C-store, it says on the purchasing screen that it will be unlocked for all Federation characters on that account, no worries (I'm also after the TOS pack, that is one purty shuttle right there )

It's weird that it'll mention the account-wide status on the website store, but not the in-game store.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post

The same was true when I bought the NX-class and the T3 Excelsior. I was able to claim both on all my characters (at least, the ones that were rank appropriate).
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
This discount is related to the bonus C points promotion that appeared suddenly yesterday.

I was expecting this to create a surge in Dilthium exchange rate, which did happen for a day (surged to 270+) then the C points promo kicked in and exchange rate remained stable.

No matter, I just got a spare assault cruiser using some 'loose change' and don't intend to buy any other cosmetic item. Practical ship builds for STF ftw :3
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I was expecting this to create a surge in Dilthium exchange rate, which did happen for a day (surged to 270+) then the C points promo kicked in and exchange rate remained stable.
260-270:1 is high for me. I'm used to having it in the 216-225:1 range.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
260-270:1 is high for me. I'm used to having it in the 216-225:1 range.
Surged to about 320 when the Odyssey and BortaS packages came out. Sadly I was with another game ATM due to STO burnout.