Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm wondering since basically the point which made it stronger is its spinal lance beam and that's it.

I do not plan on using the cloak since it is not a battlecloak anyway so the usage is really limited.

Is the dreadnought still worth buying?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 02:55 AM
If you are a Tac captain yes, if not; no
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
If you are a Tac captain yes, if not; no
I'm planning to use the dreadnought as my VA ship for my tactical and engineer toon.

Or would the heavy cruiser retrofit c store ship at 1600 cpoint before sale be a better choice. The cpoints is from having farmed dilithium but i still want to make it worthwhile of course.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
I'm planning to use the dreadnought as my VA ship for my tactical and engineer toon.

Or would the heavy cruiser retrofit c store ship at 1600 cpoint before sale be a better choice. The cpoints is from having farmed dilithium but i still want to make it worthwhile of course.
The problem with the Gal-X is if you are not a Tac captain the Phaser Lance is basically worthless, (50,000x2 vs 15,000x2 (Tac vs Eng).

The Excel is a MUCH better DPS ship for an Engineer though, and still does well for a Tac, (tho a Tac will get more DPS from the Gal-X .....just ).

If running the Excel as a Tac you do run into some survivabilitiy issues as you cant run 2xEPtS3, though you can run 2xEPtS2 + RSP2 and you are still quite tanky with good turn rate.

The Excel would be my choice in your situation. I myself have the Gal-X but i am a Tac Captain so for me it made much more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
The problem with the Gal-X is if you are not a Tac captain the Phaser Lance is basically worthless, (50,000x2 vs 15,000x2 (Tac vs Eng).

The Excel is a MUCH better DPS ship for an Engineer though, and still does well for a Tac, (tho a Tac will get more DPS from the Gal-X .....just ).

If running the Excel as a Tac you do run into some survivabilitiy issues as you cant run 2xEPtS3, though you can run 2xEPtS2 + RSP2 and you are still quite tanky with good turn rate.

The Excel would be my choice in your situation. I myself have the Gal-X but i am a Tac Captain so for me it made much more sense.
Oh really what made the difference for the spinal lance damage?
Which ability made it different between eng and tac captain?

The thing with excelsior is it looks so old compared to Galaxy dreadnought.
I have seen quite a few dreadnought tanking it out like a monster champ.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Oh really what made the difference for the spinal lance damage?
Which ability made it different between eng and tac captain?

The thing with excelsior is it looks so old compared to Galaxy dreadnought.
I have seen quite a few dreadnought tanking it out like a monster champ.
Attack Pattern Alpha
Fire on my Mark
Go Down Fighting
Tactical Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Attack Pattern Alpha
Fire on my Mark
Go Down Fighting
Tactical Fleet
Ah those....

If only Excelsior wasn't so bad(old) looking.....

What's the amount of bonus energy levels for the excelsior for lvl 50 captain?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Whoa what? The Excelsior is a beautiful ship! Especially with Aegis shields. Shes my "canon" and PvE dilithium farmer.
Since it can transwarp anywhere its great for daily dilithium runs. Before I would tab out while at warp and watch youtube, or other stuff, but now "transwarp in 3, 2, 1" and Im in the next sector block. 8k per day takes maybe 45 mins now.

With the Lt Com Tactical, you can use the fun abilities, BOIII or Spread III.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
Whoa what? The Excelsior is a beautiful ship! Especially with Aegis shields. Shes my "canon" and PvE dilithium farmer.
Since it can transwarp anywhere its great for daily dilithium runs. Before I would tab out while at warp and watch youtube, or other stuff, but now "transwarp in 3, 2, 1" and Im in the next sector block. 8k per day takes maybe 45 mins now.

With the Lt Com Tactical, you can use the fun abilities, BOIII or Spread III.
If u mean by beautiful as versatile and strong and fun ship then I agree but the hull design to me look kind of dated.

Dreadnought is not that beautiful looking either thanks to the addition of the third nacelles and cannon 'antenna' atop the saucer section but it is based on the Galaxy which is a fine looking design.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Personally I think the Excelsior is one of the best looking spaceships ever designed.

That's the main reason I fly one - the fact that it's actually a pretty good ship is a bonus.