Lt. Commander
# 1 6 o'clock Camera Sticky Lock
04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I have searched but have not been able to find the button that LOCKS the camera view on your ship's 6 o'clock.

The only way (for me so far) is to hit the "Home" button and manually move the camera down to get the camera to sticky lock.
Is there a lock button that I didn't find yet?
If one does not exist, can one be patched in?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking
I have searched but have not been able to find the button that LOCKS the camera view on your ship's 6 o'clock.

The only way (for me so far) is to hit the "Home" button and manually move the camera down to get the camera to sticky lock.
Is there a lock button that I didn't find yet?
If one does not exist, can one be patched in?
Go to options, controls and change the camera view to "Chase". You can still look around with the mouse, but the camera will snap back to 6:00.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
Go to options, controls and change the camera view to "Chase". You can still look around with the mouse, but the camera will snap back to 6:00.
Thanks.

I think I would have a little problem with targetting enemies to the rear with your solution, but it's NOT as bothersome as constantly adjusting for chase view.
Default camera view w/Chase view toggle would be nice (for me anyway).
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Thanks.

I think I would have a little problem with targetting enemies to the rear with your solution, but it's NOT as bothersome as constantly adjusting for chase view.
Just be aware, the chase camera is bugged to hell and the devs consistantly ignore it.

It also spends half the time pointing the wrong way as most ships turn too fast for it.

It really is an aweful camera implementation - but sadly still better then the other camera views (only choice really) for anyone who prefers keyboard movement.

FIX THE CHASE CAM ALREADY CRYPTIC!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Thanks.

When in chase camera view, you can toggle to free camera (default key is "X" I think) and look around for targeting or whatever, just hit the toggle again and it switches back to chase view.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
It really is an aweful camera implementation - but sadly still better then the other camera views (only choice really) for anyone who prefers keyboard movement.
Not really sure what you mean by this. I use the keyboard to control my ship, but I hate the chase cam. It gives you zero situational awareness, which is critical for anything but maybe PVE content on normal. I use free cam and while I pilot with the keyboard, I'm constantly swiveling the camera around to see all around me. You never know when a HYT will be coming in behind you or a fleet of ships you hadn't noticed are just off your port side. Being lock straight ahead is like a horse with blinders, you're only see a fraction of what's around you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondian View Post
Not really sure what you mean by this. I use the keyboard to control my ship, but I hate the chase cam. It gives you zero situational awareness, which is critical for anything but maybe PVE content on normal. I use free cam and while I pilot with the keyboard, I'm constantly swiveling the camera around to see all around me. You never know when a HYT will be coming in behind you or a fleet of ships you hadn't noticed are just off your port side. Being lock straight ahead is like a horse with blinders, you're only see a fraction of what's around you.
You do realise that people around you and their distances show up on the sides of your screen?