Lt. Commander
# 1 Scramble Sensors in PVP
04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
How does it work against other players exactly? I gather from reading other posts that it will cause players to target friendlies, but are they forced to continue targeting them, or can they simply click/Tab to a hostile target immediately?

Is it best in certain situations, or does its usefulness depend more on the setup of your own ship? My B'rel retrofit already has Jam Sensors and a Barrier Field Generator, so targeting me is already relatively difficult. Is Scramble Sensors good enough to warrant keeping to help my teammates out of a bind?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 05:01 PM
It turns all their targets to friendlies so tabbing wont necessarily automatically switch them to a real target. Also because all targets look friendly they're able to shoot/heal anyone so if they don't manually target and check names they wind up accidently giving heals to their opponents or killing their team mates with aoe's like fire a will or cannon scatter volley. So if you time the skill right i.e. just before they're ready to fire off a skill that targets anything it's devastating.

In pvp it's considered a pretty good skill though a lot of people hate it so if they figure out your the one using it expect some extra fire your way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MallowOni
Is Scramble Sensors good enough to warrant keeping to help my teammates out of a bind?
Not really. It's been nerfed so hard since F2P that you'd be wasting a BOff power on your BOP imho.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprero View Post
It turns all their targets to friendlies so tabbing wont necessarily automatically switch them to a real target. Also because all targets look friendly they're able to shoot/heal anyone so if they don't manually target and check names they wind up accidently giving heals to their opponents or killing their team mates with aoe's like fire a will or cannon scatter volley. So if you time the skill right i.e. just before they're ready to fire off a skill that targets anything it's devastating.

In pvp it's considered a pretty good skill though a lot of people hate it so if they figure out your the one using it expect some extra fire your way.
not to menshin that if you try to heal yourself it instead finds a friendly target and cast your heal on them instead of yourself so that you WILL die and have no heals
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 12:25 AM
its one of the powers that i have found has about a 3 second effect from just specing 3 (54/99) into each of the science defense skills. i can say that about most science powers, except those that power insulators should protect against.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its one of the powers that i have found has about a 3 second effect from just specing 3 (54/99) into each of the science defense skills. i can say that about most science powers, except those that power insulators should protect against.
has science turned to **** that much?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
has science turned to **** that much?
CPB and a somehow buffed to hell PSW still hurts a lot. i got juggled pretty badly by fully doff supported disable subsystem and 2 viral matrix's with 6 phasers. lets see what else... oh ya a rift completely drained my ship's power all by itself the other day, never seen one of these drain so hard. 6 into insulators what?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
CPB and a somehow buffed to hell PSW still hurts a lot. i got juggled pretty badly by fully doff supported disable subsystem and 2 viral matrix's with 6 phasers. lets see what else... oh ya a rift completely drained my ship's power all by itself the other day, never seen one of these drain so hard. 6 into insulators what?
The fix for that is coming... next patch I think...t hen it will useless as well.