Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Star does have a point though rewarding failure is the root of the issue. You don't need to do anything to complete the kerrat daily accept sit there... you don't have to do anything to complete the arena or cap and hold daily accept sit there.

I would like to see people loose things, although I understand how it would clear the ques as you point out. It would be the death of the pug match which is not good. That style of PvP is the best type of pvp. I only spent a few short months playing EvE... the rush of avoiding death, was so very good. The high you would get from looting some poor *******s stuff lasted for hours. lol

I think the real solution (I know its been talked about before and Cryptic didn't seem to like the idea) is to reward victory.

These are the missions I would like to see.

- Rounds of Kerrat Won. 3 - yes the low population would be a disadvantage and people could still get away with afking... but it changes little. Forcing the low population side to try to sneak a win out could be interesting.

- Number of Ships killed in Kerrat. - They could set this to what ever they like. The klingons do have a Federation ship killer mission already that pays a small bit of Dilthium... an added Larger goal for both factions in kerrat alone would be great something like 100 kills.

- Remove the Arena 3 match mission and replace it with a sliding reward system to EVERY game.
- Base it off total numbers DMG and Healing added. So 100k combined earns X amount. 200k X amount 300k X amount, and so on perhaps capping out at 400k or something. This way everyone that participates is rewarded win or loose. The idea being that for someone doing 3 rounds of Arena matches people that participated and where to score 100-200k combined healing and dmg, would earn aprox what they do now.

- Cap and Hold same formula as arena mission.... if it was possible it would be nice to add a points capped to the formula.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-03-2012, 05:22 AM
I, too, would like some kind of sliding reward system for killing enemy players but I think we need to be a little pragmatic about this. The Devs don't expend any resources on PVP as it is, it is unlikely they would add anything resembling a new system, particularly if they don't see the possibility of any C-store purchases out of it (which they mistakenly thought the Ker'rat "nerf" would generate).

Look at their recent history with the Field Generators. Unwilling to spend the necessary dev resources to fix the bug they created they just changed one value in a database (or some such), left them as a stacking console and called it an intended fix.

I hate to sound like a stuck record but the ONLY fix for AFKers in Arena and STFs is to revert Ker'rat but I say this in full knowledge that they won't. It's too much work for them with no discernible reward. Again Devs, I don't say this to be rude to you but you and I both know I'm right.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-03-2012, 05:31 AM
I also agree that losing PvP should result in no dilithium, or just a minimum amount like in some duty officer missions, let's say 50 dilithium per PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-05-2012, 06:06 AM
The problem with "losers get nothing" is that it'll disincentivise a portion of the already small number of PVPers. I think the idea somebody had of scrapping the wrappers altogether and getting a payout proportional to your contribution is a much better idea. Sometimes you can kick *** and still have wingmen bad enough to drag you down, so you'd also avoid the issue of people who'd otherwise do well being dragged down by the random nature of pugging. And the AFKers would get nothing. It's a neat and tidy, logical solution.

And the unlimited nature of it would mean more people'd be incentivized to play PVP, but only those who plan on playing, not turning up and tuning out. I know Cryptic had some fuzzy reasoning for getting rid of the Ker'rat daily, like "too many folks getting too much dilithium", but players have an 8k refining cap that's not hard to hit at all anyhow. Farmers will farm, and it's better that they do it somewhere that they're not interfering with everybody else's end game content.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Get nothing for losing other than skill points I like it.

The real problem is that the LOLcryptic doesn't have us earn Dilithium per match. Quest turn in (especially since it's only 1 a day LOL?), should be dependent on actually Winning.
get say 500 dililthium per match win or lose. And you get a daily turn in of 4500, only for WINNING 3 matches.

There, you just boosted the incentive to pvp. And rewarded people for actually DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO which is try to win all in one shot.

This is almost identical to how Real MMOs do it, so the lolcryptic won't do it of course.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
For now I have a solution if you enter as a team.

If the game has an AFKer just sitting there then only play to about 13 kills.

I did this the other night with my fleet and the AFk’er was sitting in the same arena for at least 30 minutes.

Not an honourable solution but really stalls there farming.

Remember if you do this explain in zone chat to enemy players your leaving for the good of PvP
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Making the rewards dependent on winning doesn't really bother AFK'ers - they can just AFK longer. Meanwhile, it penalizes everybody on pugs and discourages PvP in general. (There is no activity on earth that increases as the incentives decrease.)

Best answer now is to immediately leave matches with AFK players.

Restore Kerrat! Let farmers farm (elsewhere)!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
As i understand it, the EC rewards for Arena are already on a sliding scale.

These afkers dont know that there is a MUCH faster way to grind dilithium than waiting 15 minutes for a arena match in which they ruin the fun of 9 other people.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Just entered a Cap and Hold, and 3 of the 5 on my team were afkers. This is getting beyond a joke now! It's to the point where I hope the same CD that hit Ker'rat comes and makes itself at home on the queues too.