Lt. Commander
# 1 release notes question
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
'Resolved the rare Reassignment assignments at the Academies that allow you to turn in five rare duty officers for a random purple duty officer to have a chance to result in a ultra-rare handcrafted duty officer.'

what exactly does this mean? when you turn in 5 rares you can get an ultra rare ? and what does the handcrafted mean
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah,

When you turn in 5 Rare Blues you get 1 Very Rare Purple. The hand crafted part I think refers to if you can almost select the profession of DOFF you get back.

For instance, if I trade 5 science doffs with mostly the same profession say "BioChemist" then I should get a Purple BioChemist back - the hand crafted means it's not just a random DOFF.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry110 View Post
Yeah,

When you turn in 5 Rare Blues you get 1 Very Rare Purple. The hand crafted part I think refers to if you can almost select the profession of DOFF you get back.

For instance, if I trade 5 science doffs with mostly the same profession say "BioChemist" then I should get a Purple BioChemist back - the hand crafted means it's not just a random DOFF.
ok, and how much of a chance is it that you would get an ultra rare then just a normal very rare
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I thought handcrafted meant it was a unique DOFF made by one of the Devs, not one of the randomly generated ones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
ok, and how much of a chance is it that you would get an ultra rare then just a normal very rare
Actually, I believe that Hand Crafted means that the DOff you get back is a Very Special one that the Dev's have created specifically to be particularly useful in one way or another...

The Hand Crafted DOffs are the ones that have a Quote at the bottom of their description.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
You only ever get a Purple Doff back, there is no Ultra Rares in the game - but you get them everytime you turn them in.

The same goes for the common White and Uncommon Greens, for every 5 you trade in, you get one of the next rank in return

White-Green
Green-Blue
Blue-Purple
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
You only ever get a Purple Doff back, there is no Ultra Rares in the game - but you get them everytime you turn them in.

The same goes for the common White and Uncommon Greens, for every 5 you trade in, you get one of the next rank in return

White-Green
Green-Blue
Blue-Purple
-_- go look up ultra rare doffs on the wiki or something to find out what im talking about, and the word ultra rare does appear in the release notes too, and thanks for the answers about what handcrafted means guys
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Actually, I believe that Hand Crafted means that the DOff you get back is a Very Special one that the Dev's have created specifically to be very useful in one way or another...

The Hand Crafted DOffs are the ones that have a Quote at the bottom of their description.
Interesting, I will have a look at this.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
-_- go look up ultra rare doffs on the wiki or something to find out what im talking about, and the word ultra rare does appear in the release notes too, and thanks for the answers about what handcrafted means guys
I think Wiki is mixing Ultra Rare and Very Rare. I had a look at Ultra Rare Doffs and they are Still Purple Quality which is Very Rare - The possiblilty of Ultra Rare may come down to the traits that they have.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
I think Wiki is mixing Ultra Rare and Very Rare. I had a look at Ultra Rare Doffs and they are Still Purple Quality which is Very Rare - The possiblilty of Ultra Rare may come down to the traits that they have.
the ultra rares are like really hard to get very rares, you can only get them from cadres and now from the trading in thing, there is 14 in total for each fation, they are i believe ten times rarer than the normal very rares, even though technically they are still purples, the devs, and everyone else call them ultra rares