Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
If this is in fact what is going on I would prefer they just remove the dilithium reward from PvP if nothing else.

When I do PvP its for just that. Not to get dilithium. I could care less about that.
Or, alternatively, they could put in some sort of measurement system to determine if you've actually put effort in. I have no idea how it would work aside from having more than 0 damage and healing.

I've noticed this taking place in ground a lot lately. You'll have one team completely full of AFK people. Kill all three of four of them, and the match is over, because they don't respawn and you can't finish the match. Season 6, the "pvp season" is so far away, so some of these things really need to be looked at before then.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Honestly.. this is what STO needs..

Too bad SW:TOR is getting it before STO..

Quote:
AFK Vote Kick
Players will be able to vote to kick AFK players out of a Warzone. Any player can vote to kick a player through the group context menu. This will not initiate a vote prompt, but rather must be actively sought out by multiple players. Once a player has received several votes they will receive a prompt indicating that they’ll be kicked from the Warzone in a few seconds if they do not engage in combat or defend an objective. A player who is kicked from the Warzone in this manner will be returned to their original location before they queued, and will not be able to queue up again for several minutes
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2012, 01:39 PM
I really am leery of any vote kicking options. They usually just lead to abuse. Private matches are an available work around. Or file a GM ticket on the players who habitually afker (ie grief). But, having seen how bad PvE STF puggers are (not in terms of game play, but in terms of a group of friends spazzing out) I really don't want to give that kind of player control over another player.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I really am leery of any vote kicking options. They usually just lead to abuse. Private matches are an available work around. Or file a GM ticket on the players who habitually afker (ie grief). But, having seen how bad PvE STF puggers are (not in terms of game play, but in terms of a group of friends spazzing out) I really don't want to give that kind of player control over another player.
Yeah but that ToR one is very slick. It's not a kick at all.

What happens is when enough folks vote the target of the vote gets a notice to do something useful in a period of time or get booted. They do something they can stay, they do nothing they get booted.

Little hard to truly grief that.

Oh noes the grifers tried to vote me off again. Lucky I am attacking/defending so that notice did nothing more than block a little of my screen.

It's actually an eloquent solution as it controls both the AFKs and the super, "off my wave n00b" l33ts.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Whoa
03-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
They are playing the wrong game. They ultimate game for AFK heroes should be something like Starship Creator.
Dude...I had that 'game.' Bought it Fry's in Santa Clara for like 15 bucks. Nice nostalgia hit there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Actually went through a phase where I wanted to play a game but did not want to expend the effort in the mid nineties. Simon and Schulster's Starship Creator was the vent I used to get over that lump.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
hmm interesting idea. It would work on the lazy farmers but while you try and fix one side of griefing be sure not to let in another equally annoying way to do it.

i forget when but i posted a rather nice stf police idea - seems like it would work for pvp too.

whenever i find the link i'll come post it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-09-2012, 02:31 AM
r and put weapons on autofire? right click ally and put follow

press spacebar? = system bypassed
Lt. Commander
# 19 auto boot out
04-09-2012, 12:15 PM
i think there should be a software in place that monitors whether your actually doing anything during battle, which in turn lets other players know that so and so has not made so many moves and gives other players to ability to boot them off. PVP is a team play it its real annoying when these random gits just sit there and let the team down.